BajaNomad

Noche Buena has arrived

Hook - 11-7-2016 at 12:37 PM

That most-welcome harbinger of the holiday season, sightings of Noche Buena, has occurred in Sonora. It is similar to some amber ales you find in the States. It's taste profile is somewhere between Bohemia Clara and Bohemia Obscura. It is brewed in Bohemia facilities, as it has had the Bohemia name on it for the last few years

It arrived at a Walmart, sometime in the past five days, as other aficionados of this beer reported none there, five days ago.

The last two years it has had a very brief run of 1-2 weeks before it disappeared well before even American Thanksgiving. That's a pretty poor showing for a beer with a Christmas theme all over the boxes. I'm thinking Bohemia must shift some of their brewing capacity over to NB for a short time; hence the labeling on the box proclaiming it "Limited Edicion 2016".

Anyway, 166 pesos for 12 bottles. Stock up if you see it. Anyone seen it in other communities yet? Baja? Mainland, south?

On an NOB beer note, I came through AZ much later than usual this year (early Nov) and found many seasonal beers had been released that arent around in early October. Most notable was the excellent Founders Breakfast Stout. Very limited release; pick some up if you are NOB.

willardguy - 11-7-2016 at 01:29 PM

no noche buena in the rosarito walmart as of yesterday....one of the few things I like about the season! :yes:

David K - 11-7-2016 at 01:32 PM

You know it is close to Christmas when it arrives!

Homebrew

bajaguy - 11-7-2016 at 01:55 PM

I will be brewing up a couple of holiday home brew 5 gallon batches in the next week or so, just in time for Christmas

Chapultepec Cranberry Wheat and Baja Brown Gingerbread Spiced Ale

Should be interesting

[Edited on 11-7-2016 by bajaguy]

rogbag - 11-7-2016 at 02:13 PM

They had it in Walmart two weeks ago when we were in San Jose del Cabo and I picked up a couple of boxes. Tasty vintage.

DENNIS - 11-7-2016 at 02:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
I will be brewing up a couple of holiday home brew 5 gallon batches in the next week or so, just in time for Christmas

Chapultepec Cranberry Wheat and Gingerbread Baja Brown Spiced Ale

Should be interesting

Is this with the Tres Brujas label?

in San Felipe

akshadow - 11-7-2016 at 02:48 PM

Calimax in San Felipe has some.

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
That most-welcome harbinger of the holiday season, sightings of Noche Buena, has occurred in Sonora. It is similar to some amber ales you find in the States. It's taste profile is somewhere between Bohemia Clara and Bohemia Obscura. It is brewed in Bohemia facilities, as it has had the Bohemia name on it for the last few years

It arrived at a Walmart, sometime in the past five days, as other aficionados of this beer reported none there, five days ago.

The last two years it has had a very brief run of 1-2 weeks before it disappeared well before even American Thanksgiving. That's a pretty poor showing for a beer with a Christmas theme all over the boxes. I'm thinking Bohemia must shift some of their brewing capacity over to NB for a short time; hence the labeling on the box proclaiming it "Limited Edicion 2016".

Anyway, 166 pesos for 12 bottles. Stock up if you see it. Anyone seen it in other communities yet? Baja? Mainland, south?

On an NOB beer note, I came through AZ much later than usual this year (early Nov) and found many seasonal beers had been released that arent around in early October. Most notable was the excellent Founders Breakfast Stout. Very limited release; pick some up if you are NOB.

DENNIS - 11-7-2016 at 02:51 PM

Watch for Noche Buena in your large stores after New Years. They sell it at a large discount to clear their inventory because it has the year as part of the label.

bajaguy - 11-7-2016 at 03:02 PM

No, my own endeavor.......I have to come up with a label

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Should be interesting

vandy - 11-7-2016 at 07:10 PM

Good news about the Noche Buena.
Last season it was available in San Jose del Cabo until way after New Year's.
Soriana and City Club had it pretty consistently.
$125/12 pack was cheap, at least for les 'ricains.

DocRey - 11-9-2016 at 02:44 PM

No, my own endeavor.......I have to come up with a label
"Policia Ponche":light:

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Should be interesting

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Quote: Originally posted by DocRey  

"Policia Ponche":light:

Ponche with a I...as in P-nche? :lol:

[Edited on 11-9-2016 by DENNIS]

woody with a view - 11-9-2016 at 05:59 PM

My laborers are bringing me a six pack a day when they cross from TJ. Gotta stock up!

bajaguy - 11-9-2016 at 06:43 PM

If you get down here some time after Christmas I will have some beer for you

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
My laborers are bringing me a six pack a day when they cross from TJ. Gotta stock up!

woody with a view - 11-9-2016 at 07:58 PM

Sounds like a plan! Perhaps we'll have some new shirts?

bajaguy - 11-9-2016 at 08:12 PM

Hope so!!

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Sounds like a plan! Perhaps we'll have some new shirts?

MulegeAL - 11-9-2016 at 08:14 PM

I discovered that brew last year...should'a bought every bottle in the mercado! Great stuff!

Hook - 11-10-2016 at 07:14 AM

Found at the Costco in Hermosillo for substantially less. 289 pesos for a 24 bottle case. Check your local store.