BajaNomad

Meet the new kids on the (scholarship) block!

BajaBlanca - 11-7-2016 at 03:47 PM

I have a new group of potential scholarship students....one wants to be, a lawyer, two want to be engineers, one a doctor, one a translator and one an architect.

Today, I took 3 of them to the free dental clinic in San Ignacio - the others will go on Thursday.

As soon as I got there, Vickie gave me 22 toothpastes! Whoaaaa, how cool is that!!

While we were waiting for them to be called, I had them put together a puzzle - a way to keep them from getting nervous since this was their first time at the dentist:

This is Omar who had to remove a baby tooth (very odd at this age) and had quite a few cavities, two of which were filled. I may have him return another day to finish the rest.

Ramiro only had a cleaning - no cavities!

and lastly Leonardo who only had one cavity:

The other day I asked the kids to tell me if they had computers for college - they don't. Please keep us in mind if you upgrade!

I have been working with these kids since August when they started their senior year. Great kids and I hope they all qualify for Beca Blanca. We have been working on some behavior issues - sometimes they are tardy, sometimes they act up -it isn't only about their GPA, I need them to prove they are good citizens too.

[Edited on 11-7-2016 by BajaBlanca]