BajaNomad

Mexican Peso in the FX markets pointing to a Hillary victory?

Hook - 11-8-2016 at 05:33 PM

It was only a little over a week ago, when the FBI director came out with his pronouncement of new emails related to the Hillary Clinton's private server, that it took 19.9 pesos to "buy" a dollar in the foreign exchange markets. Apparently, many large investors felt that the FBI revelation could tip the election in favor of Trump. And a Trump win is perceived as being bad for Mexico

Now that that brouhaha has blown over, the peso is now stronger than it has been in August. One dollar is now worth about 18.2 pesos. That's a big change in eight days or so.

[Edited on 11-9-2016 by Hook]

AKgringo - 11-8-2016 at 07:07 PM

So that's how our president is selected!

So why are the talking heads on TV and radio wasting our time?

Hook - 11-8-2016 at 07:32 PM

It's still the votes that decide it.

But it is interesting to see where "bets" are being made. Sometimes bets are lost.

Now, gold is spiking again as The Donald is doing much better than expected. And the peso is back to 19.5 in a little less than two hours. Unprecedented!!!!

Hook - 11-8-2016 at 07:43 PM

Now, 19.8.

Hook - 11-8-2016 at 08:07 PM

Dow futures down almost 500 points, with Trump's strength.

Hook - 11-8-2016 at 08:42 PM

Futures down 600. Peso at 20.23, an all-time low.

Bajaboy - 11-8-2016 at 08:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Futures down 600. Peso at 20.23, an all-time low.

No worries...Trump will fix it:lol:

AKgringo - 11-8-2016 at 08:52 PM

The wall may have to be built with dollars instead of pesos!

joerover - 11-8-2016 at 08:54 PM

22:49
Trump ahead by 46 electorol votes.
Dollar very strong.
Scientologist very sad because hillary is losin
Normal people happy because of strong dollar.

Why did I trade money early on the 8th, should have waited.

Bajaboy - 11-8-2016 at 08:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
22:49
Trump ahead by 46 electorol votes.
Dollar very strong.
Scientologist very sad because hillary is losin
Normal people happy because of strong dollar.

Why did I trade money early on the 8th, should have waited.

Normal people? I'll let my Mexican neighbors know they're not normal...according to you:no:

[Edited on 11-9-2016 by Bajaboy]

joerover - 11-8-2016 at 08:59 PM

Trump was not against Mexican people. He said he wanted to stop the flow of drugs across the Mx border. Sober people make the $ stronger, Nomans get more pesos and live a little cushier.

hillary = weak dollar

A guy in Tijuana was selling hillary for prison shirts a while back

Hook - 11-8-2016 at 09:37 PM

Actually touched 20.6. And Trump still hasn't been declared the winner. But it is looking likely.

Where will it go if/when he is declared the winner?

[Edited on 11-9-2016 by Hook]

yellowklr - 11-8-2016 at 10:07 PM

I might be throwing a VICTORY party!!!!

mtgoat666 - 11-8-2016 at 10:58 PM

Interesting times we live in!
I never could have imagined that a campaign based on hating immigrants and foreigners would sell so well.
I am dumbfounded that hate was what the voters wanted.
Well,America, you asked for it!
Let's see what trump does now... I think he is saying to himself, "oh, chit."

Hook - 11-9-2016 at 06:17 AM

Peso has settled at around 19.8. The dollar, which weakened as the Trump victory seemed inevitable, has regain strength against the Euro.

shari - 11-9-2016 at 06:34 AM

mind boggling....period

bajaguy - 11-9-2016 at 06:53 AM

The voters have spoken. Get over it and move on

mtgoat666 - 11-9-2016 at 07:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

We are all flocked.
Mexico is even more flocked.

bajaguy - 11-9-2016 at 07:03 AM

People like you and with your mindset and comments like that are what the problem is.......

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

We are all flocked.
Mexico is even more flocked.

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 07:40 AM

Pollsters should have listened to the Heartland of America.

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
The wall may have to be built with dollars instead of pesos!

That wall will be wearing boots....."Made in America" boots.

BornFisher - 11-9-2016 at 08:05 AM

Word of the day----

Schadenfreude :)

bajaguy - 11-9-2016 at 08:06 AM

Exactly!!!

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Pollsters should have listened to the Heartland of America.

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 08:18 AM

It's the American Way. Showing mercy and compassion for the vanquished is a sign of shallow commitment and weakness.
==================

noun: Schadenfreude; noun: schadenfreude

pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

Hook - 11-9-2016 at 10:13 AM

Only a person as unethical as Hillary could make a buffoon like Trump seem like a viable option.

This will be interesting. In 44 previous presidents, we have never had an outsider quite like Trump. He was neither a politician, nor a military man.

More than anything, this was a vote against the political establishment . In a sense, Obama was a vote against that, too. He was little known, outside of Illinois, when he was elected in 2008. People bought into "hope and change"; a similar theme to what Trump used this season.

For good or bad, I see more protectionism on the horizon for the US. That is what Trump tapped into, more than anything. The electorate is tired of GOOD jobs being shipped overseas to fatten corporate profits. It is questionable whether Donald, or anyone, can reverse that.

The electorate is tired of our military being in conflicts that just stagnate (though Obama continued to de-escalate from Iraq and Afghanistan troop levels of 2008, there were announced troop/advisor increases in the last month). We became more confrontational with Russia over Syria in the last year. Another unending Middle East conflict. And a dollar spent at war is a dollar not spent at home. All that also probably hurt the Dems.

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 10:31 AM

Only a person as unethical as Hillary could make a buffoon like Trump seem like a viable option.

=====================

I voted with my feet. Not an easy decision, but we were presented with an unacceptable choice.
It's like this: if I were presented with a choice between leukemia and polio, which would I choose? :(

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 10:35 AM

Earlier today, the Peso/Dollar was at 20.20 to one.
Rebounding quickly to 19.78 at this moment.

bacquito - 11-9-2016 at 10:59 AM

Trump was not against Mexican people. He said he wanted to stop the flow of drugs across the Mx border. Sober people make the $ stronger, Nomans get more pesos and live a little cushier.

hillary = weak dollar

A guy in Tijuana was selling hillary for prison shirts a while back

The way to stop the flow of drugs across the boarder is to halt the use of drugs
being consumed in our country.

RenoJoe - 11-9-2016 at 12:33 PM

Hopefully the people who said they would the states are packing for Iran.

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 01:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RenoJoe  

Like that corpse Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Whoopi Goldberg can carry her colostomy bag.

DENNIS - 11-9-2016 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bacquito  

The way to stop the flow of drugs across the boarder is to halt the use of drugs
being consumed in our country.

Lost cause, Ralph. It can't be done.

[Edited on 11-9-2016 by DENNIS]

joerover - 11-9-2016 at 08:25 PM

19.7 all day today

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=84647
This means a little extra cheese in the pan

Yahoo english USA is talking about Obama pardoning hillary before he is out of office?¿?

Hook - 11-9-2016 at 10:19 PM

My conservative friends are saying that McConnell and McCain are just biding their time until Trump is convicted of fraud over the Trump University allegations. Then, the will impeach him and Pence, the born-again evangelical Christian and TRUE conservative, will be president.

They give Trump one year before he is gone.

mtgoat666 - 11-9-2016 at 11:13 PM

My conservative friends are saying that McConnell and McCain are just biding their time until Trump is convicted of fraud over the Trump University allegations. Then, the will impeach him and Pence, the born-again evangelical Christian and TRUE conservative, will be president.

They give Trump one year before he is gone.

There are still many video tapes in vaults, not yet reviewed,...
Trump administration will be embarrassed monthly for next couple years.
The GOP owns Trump. The GOP is going down in flames.
:lol:

[Edited on 11-10-2016 by mtgoat666]

LancairDriver - 11-9-2016 at 11:25 PM

GOP going down in flames? Interesting opinion considering they have complete control of the presidency, house, and senate for at least four years. Hillary is the one most vulnerable to be sent to the crowbar hotel and she knows it judging by her immediately playing nice with Trump.

mtgoat666 - 11-10-2016 at 12:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
GOP going down in flames? Interesting opinion considering they have complete control of the presidency, house, and senate for at least four years.

Yep. Trump is an unbalanced megalomaniac who has surrounded himself with unsavory advisors. Luckily, trump has no filter, and within a year even the trumpistas will finally see that the emperor has no clothes and is in fact insane.

bajaguy - 11-10-2016 at 08:39 AM

And the DOW opened at a near record high!!

Bajaboy - 11-10-2016 at 08:44 AM

The majority of voters did not vote for Trump. Clinton won the popular vote. The voice of the people should be followed.

The election system is rigged just has Sean Hannity suggested. I'm sure he'll point that out on tonight's show:light:

JoeJustJoe - 11-10-2016 at 08:51 AM

Yep. Trump is an unbalanced megalomaniac who has surrounded himself with unsavory advisors. Luckily, trump has no filter, and within a year even the trumpistas will finally see that the emperor has no clothes and is in fact insane.

True, but by the time the Trump supporters figure out that they have been played for suckers, will there be a country left?

Lets hope the Democrats practice obstruction politics like the republicans did when the Democrats controlled all three houses, and like they continue to obstruct Obama and the Democrats even today.

Mid-term elections

AKgringo - 11-10-2016 at 08:54 AM

All house seats, and one third of senate seats will be up for grabs in 2018. It is common for a majority to change in one or both houses two years into a new presidents term.

Trump has two years to 'put up, or shut up' or suffer at the polls! Personally, I expect little change from business as usual since he has made so many enemy's on both sides of the aisle.

Gridlock is unfortunate, but better than charging ahead the wrong direction!

AKgringo - 11-10-2016 at 10:44 AM

Well isn't that special! As a convenience to myself, I bought pesos at a local (Grass alley CA) Wells Fargo yesterday, and only got 18.59 to the dollar. Fortunately, they only had six thousand pesos on hand! And, I don't have to stop at the border!

mtgoat666 - 11-10-2016 at 11:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
All house seats, and one third of senate seats will be up for grabs in 2018. It is common for a majority to change in one or both houses two years into a new presidents term.

Trump has two years to 'put up, or shut up' or suffer at the polls! Personally, I expect little change from business as usual since he has made so many enemy's on both sides of the aisle.

Gridlock is unfortunate, but better than charging ahead the wrong direction!

Trump made a lot of promises. If he keeps them, the economy is toast. If he does not honor promises, he is toast.
Rip up trade agreements, economy will colapse.
Throw out obamacare without replacing the insurance, he will be lynched.
Keep brown nosing putin, he will be impeached for treason.
He promises to bring manufacturing jobs back to usa. Aint gonna happen, economy has already been globalized.
Tax cuts for the rich and continuing economic malaise for middle class, rust belt and rural usa, sayonara gop.
Continue to lip serve the alt-right white nationalists, he and gop will go down in same infamy as hitler.

Tax cuts for the rich, and ss and medicare cuts,... doesnt he know old people vote in higher proportion than younger?

willardguy - 11-10-2016 at 11:43 AM

“Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!”

bajaguy - 11-10-2016 at 11:52 AM

Take some Malox and Valium......you are giving yourself an ulcer and will stroke out if you keep this up

Trump made a lot of promises. If he keeps them, the economy is toast. If he does not honor promises, he is toast.
Rip up trade agreements, economy will colapse.
Throw out obamacare without replacing the insurance, he will be lynched.
Keep brown nosing putin, he will be impeached for treason.
He promises to bring manufacturing jobs back to usa. Aint gonna happen, economy has already been globalized.
Tax cuts for the rich and continuing economic malaise for middle class, rust belt and rural usa, sayonara gop.
Continue to lip serve the alt-right white nationalists, he and gop will go down in same infamy as hitler.

Tax cuts for the rich, and ss and medicare cuts,... doesnt he know old people vote in higher proportion than younger?

JoeJustJoe - 11-10-2016 at 12:19 PM

Fear, panic, and the unknown often drive the market, and if you don't panic yourself, you could make money by betting in the opposite direction of the herd.

The pesos free fall the last two days was mainly in part of the rest of the world, believing that Trump is going to tear up NAFTA, and impose high tariffs on goods from Mexico to the US to punish US corporations for moving plants to Mexico, and to punish Mexico for being a weaker nation, and to punish Mexico for not for agreeing to build the wall.

It's amazing that even highly educated people who work on wall street and trade currencies could believe such pre-election bluster from Trump.

Trump's not going to tear up NAFTA or impose high tariffs, not if he own GOP party has anything to say about it. The stuff about the WALL" was just red meat for the white blue collar worker feeling threatened by the changing demographics of America.

Some believe the peso will go to 22 vs the US $1 dollar, and if so, I may be time to bet in the opposite direction. Of course I would also like to see oil prices start to recover before making such a bet.

[Edited on 11-10-2016 by JoeJustJoe]

Martyman - 11-10-2016 at 12:20 PM

So when Trump gets us into WW 3, will Mulege be out of the radiation fallout zone?

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-10-2016 at 12:22 PM

I voted for Donald Trump and just look at the Mexican Peso. Today, it's at 20.51 Pesos to one U.S. Dollar
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up to 18,851.26. Yeayyyyyyy. Dang what bonanza an election makes.

[Edited on 11-11-2016 by BajaNomad]

mtgoat666 - 11-10-2016 at 02:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R  
I voted for Donald Trump and just look at the Mexican Peso. Today, it's at 20.51 Pesos to one U.S. Dollar
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up to 18,851.26. Yeayyyyyyy. Dang what bonanza an election makes.

Why do you gringos gloat in the peso crashing? It makes you happy that Mexicans suffer economically??? You want increased income and wealth disparity between Mexicans and gringos???

DENNIS - 11-10-2016 at 03:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Trump's not going to tear up NAFTA or impose high tariffs, not if he own GOP party has anything to say about it. The stuff about the WALL" was just red meat for the white blue collar worker feeling threatened by the changing demographics of America.

Don't bet on it.
From a standpoint of human dignity, the maquiladoras have converted a section of working Mexico society to the economic level of field hands. Mexico has been able to compete in that world market with a government which regulates factory workers at a wage level that competes with China. They just don't get mud in their shoes. Thank NAFTA for that.

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-10-2016 at 03:14 PM

Why do you gringos gloat in the peso crashing? It makes you happy that Mexicans suffer economically??? You want increased income and wealth disparity between Mexicans and gringos???

With the Peso where it's at now I can be more philanthropic in La Baja!

JoeJustJoe - 11-10-2016 at 05:30 PM

Don't bet on it.
From a standpoint of human dignity, the maquiladoras have converted a section of working Mexico society to the economic level of field hands. Mexico has been able to compete in that world market with a government which regulates factory workers at a wage level that competes with China. They just don't get mud in their shoes. Thank NAFTA for that.

Dennis, from the point of view of the multinational corporations, what's the problem with NAFTA?

The rust belt workers are crying about losing their manufacturing job, but NAFTA destroyed thousands of Mexican farm worker jobs, and like you say the maquiladoras is just a little better than slave labor, and is one of the reasons so many Mexicans jump the fence and come work in the US.

However, NAFTA has been a wonderful thing if you're running a multinational corporation, or own stock in those companies.

A moderate Bill Clinton, signed NAFTA with mostly GOP support years ago.

Trump, won't touch NAFTA, although he is an idiot, so I can't say all bets are off for sure, but if Trump, even starts talking tough against NAFTA, he could crash the stock market and the peso for some time.

DENNIS - 11-10-2016 at 07:02 PM

Quote:
[rquote=1055576&tid=84654&author=JoeJustJoe
Dennis, from the point of view of the multinational corporations, what's the problem with NAFTA?

Can't believe that came from you, Joe.

anyway...how does "Made in the USA" sound to you?

joerover - 11-10-2016 at 09:15 PM

Does anyone honor NAFTA?
The Canadians pay high taxes on things they buy in the US and take home. The nomads have threads on how to not pay duty on their stuff going to Baja.

Am I limited to $400 worth of stuff going back to gringolandia?

Not a lot of free trade going on in North America.

Peso closed at 20.5, what is it in San Ysidro 19.7 or something? Never seems to match the computer estimate.

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-10-2016 at 09:15 PM

President Elect Trump will be draining the swamp upon becoming President and will be fixing all the bad deals, which will make America great and prosperous again.

joerover - 11-10-2016 at 09:20 PM

The add at the top of baja nomads says meet Russian women

Is trump really friends with Vladimer Putin.
Is that better than hillary going to war with good old Vladimir?
Their weapons at least equal ours.

Delusional Dreaming

MrBillM - 11-10-2016 at 10:44 PM

IF there is anyone, conservative or otherwise, thinking that the Trump University trial would provide a basis for Impeachment, they're getting their info from Facebook or a like source.

The lawsuit is a CIVIL action.

Which Trump could actually settle at any time with his checkbook.

As far as Senators McConnell and McCain plotting (?), the House of Representatives brings Impeachment charges.

And, the Conservative caucus which destroyed John Boehner's leadership and threatens to make life difficult for Paul Ryan as speaker is filled with members who LOVE Trump.

ANYBODY thinking that the Congressional Republicans are going to do anything other than enthusiastically pursue policies in line with much (if not most) of Trump's populist promises is deluding themselves.

As far as the Dems successfully obstructing, the chances of that in the House are ZIP and limited in the Senate even with the cloture rule. Which can be suspended by a majority vote. The so-called "Nuclear" option.

JoeJustJoe - 11-10-2016 at 11:08 PM

Joeover wrote: " The add at the top of baja nomads says meet Russian women."

Busted, it's amazing how those "ad sense" ads personalized advertising.

And I guess Putin and Trump are friend now, since Putin pretty much installed his own puppet in the White House.

I guess fair is fair, the USA has been doing the same kind of dirty deeds all over the world for many many years.

willardguy - 11-10-2016 at 11:09 PM

meet russian women eh.....not judging!:lol:

im sure you were just searching "smoking hot tennis players"

[Edited on 11-11-2016 by willardguy]

del mar - 11-10-2016 at 11:48 PM

:( all I get is an ad for pvc picnic tables!

ehall - 11-11-2016 at 04:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
:( all I get is an ad for pvc picnic tables!

Mine are all motorcycle ads

DavidT - 11-11-2016 at 07:25 AM

Remember when Skeet/Loreto complained about the ads on these forums.

bajaguy - 11-11-2016 at 07:37 AM

Sure do miss ol' Skeeter

Quote: Originally posted by DavidT  
Remember when Skeet/Loreto complained about the ads on these forums.

DENNIS - 11-11-2016 at 08:16 AM

Me too. Always fun to see him here. I hope he's reading this.

Pescador - 11-11-2016 at 08:57 AM

Move on Norman, no sign of intelligence here.:P

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-11-2016 at 10:17 AM

Advertisement keeps this place afloat so we can interact with each other. Sex sells just ask Joe!

JoeJustJoe - 11-11-2016 at 11:21 AM

I don't usually see the ads, because I have "ad blocker" on the main computer I use, but I don't have "ad blocker" on all my computers, and so I still sometimes see ads, personalized for me.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my toilets broke, and I had to look for a replacement, but the problem was the toilet had to be a certain size to fit under the counter, so I spend time searching for toilets of certain sizes, and after that I was hit with nothing but toilet ads for a few days. ( I miss the old days, when you could fix your own toilet, the new low flow ones, are almost impossible to fix)

The forums that have "Ad sense" they don't make any money unless you click the ads, and read them. I have accidentally hit the "Baja Bound" ads many times by a slip of the finger, so I should buy some Mexican car insurance from them to make it up to them.

del mar - 11-11-2016 at 11:29 AM

I don't usually see the ads, because I have "ad blocker" on the main computer I use, but I don't have "ad blocker" on all my computers, and so I still sometimes see ads, personalized for me.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my toilets broke, and I had to look for a replacement, but the problem was the toilet had to be a certain size to fit under the counter, so I spend time searching for toilets of certain sizes, and after that I was hit with nothing but toilet ads for a few days. ( I miss the old days, when you could fix your own toilet, the new low flow ones, are almost impossible to fix)

The forums that have "Ad sense" they don't make any money unless you click the ads, and read them. I have accidentally hit the "Baja Bound" ads many times by a slip of the finger, so I should buy some Mexican car insurance from them to make it up to them.

:lol:...isn't that the truth, I feel like I know that couple standing in front of their jeep!

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-11-2016 at 11:30 AM

DANG JOE-JOE IS HIGH TECH HE HAS AD BLOCKERS!

DENNIS - 11-11-2016 at 12:04 PM

A couple of weeks ago, one of my toilets broke, and I had to look for a replacement, but the problem was the toilet had to be a certain size to fit under the counter,

Your toilet is under a counter? Really? My imagination is backed up and overflowing. :lol::lol::lol:

JoeJustJoe - 11-11-2016 at 12:44 PM

Quote:

How does "Made in the USA sound to me?"

It sounds like an old throw back term from the 50's, when the US was enjoying the fruits of a World War II victory, and Dad worked, a nice union manufacturing job if he was blue collar, and Mom stayed at home cooking and cleaning, Back then, most US neighborhoods in the suburbs were almost all white, and the only scare were the commies.

Guess what Dennis? Those days and manufacturing jobs are not coming back, regardless of who sits in the White House.

The great news is you're college educated in certain fields, the job outlook looks pretty good, and many jobs today are paying pretty good, and $100K jobs are pretty common in many fields.

I almost feel sorry for those white blue collar workers in the rust belt areas of the country who bought into the Trump BS, that he is going to bring back jobs to America from places like Mexico,

The ones who I don't feel sorry for or those blue collar men and women, who listened to Trump' play Dog-whistle politics, and then try to place most of the blame, and danger in the US on the blacks of Mexicans, Blacks, and Muslims. That's just being RACIST!

[Edited on 11-11-2016 by JoeJustJoe]

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-11-2016 at 01:52 PM

Has anyone seen this type of a bicycle before?

joerover - 11-11-2016 at 07:46 PM

where exactly is the rust belt? Am I the last person to hear about it?

I saw a rust in peace sign in west Texas, is it near there?

[Edited on 11-12-2016 by joerover]

joerover - 11-11-2016 at 07:50 PM

Has anyone seen this type of a bicycle before?

It belongs to hillary, she needed it for the ride home after the vote counting.

Will hillary fight extradition form tj, on her bici

joerover - 11-11-2016 at 08:01 PM

Today the add wants me to buy a ticket from Cali to Cartagena.
Yesterday I had just googled Vladimir Putin, as I did not know how to spell Vladimir. Russian women are pretty, sure, but not as beautiful as the Colombian women.

Now back on topic. 20.86 at close today

Why is the spell checker in Spanish on an English language forum? I do not see where I have a choice. Not only this forum but also the bicycle forum. How do you choose english as the language for the spel checker.

At 12.5 the lavanderia was 18 pesos for a wash
It went up to 20, then 22, then 28. Probably 30 or 32 now. The taco stand was 12 pesos for a long time. They attempted to bump it straight to 18, that failed. So they want down to 14 then raised it every few months untill it hit 18.

Let us not forget to inter inflation into the peso per dollar thread. You get more pesos, but less for each peso.

mtgoat666 - 11-11-2016 at 08:36 PM

Quote:

How does "Made in the USA sound to me?"

It sounds like an old throw back term from the 50's, when the US was enjoying the fruits of a World War II victory, and Dad worked, a nice union manufacturing job if he was blue collar, and Mom stayed at home cooking and cleaning, Back then, most US neighborhoods in the suburbs were almost all white, and the only scare were the commies.

Guess what Dennis? Those days and manufacturing jobs are not coming back, regardless of who sits in the White House.

The great news is you're college educated in certain fields, the job outlook looks pretty good, and many jobs today are paying pretty good, and $100K jobs are pretty common in many fields.

From what I have seen benefits are dropping, salaries are stagnant, kids getting out of college aren't finding much opportunity.
And the big corporation are working hard to offshore professional positions, or replace high paid citizens with cheaper b1b visa workers.
Trump says he will fix this. But his business model seems to be the problem people are complaining about.
Mark my words, trump will bring back zero mfg jobs, and his watch will see companies to continue offshoring the remaining mfg in conus.

[Edited on 11-12-2016 by mtgoat666]

DENNIS - 11-12-2016 at 09:16 AM

Yesterday's close:

20.797 to one

Sweetwater - 11-12-2016 at 10:05 AM

Is there a site that has a reliable MXN inflation gauge?
If you get paid in pesos, you're getting hurt and I'd take Hooks suggestion.

DENNIS - 11-12-2016 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/mexico/inflation-cpi

joerover - 11-12-2016 at 07:15 PM

Anybody know what all that means?
Has the exchange rate matched inflation? Do you get more or less for a dollar? Not more pesos, but more supplies. If you change $100 in 2010, and 2016, witch batch of pesos would go further at the grocery store? have hotel prices go up by a 1/3 in that time?
Today the add is flashing, flashing adds keep people away from that page. People find other places to click where the add is not flashing.
Dont know what it wants to sell me.

weekend close, 20.8

[Edited on 11-13-2016 by joerover]

willardguy - 11-12-2016 at 07:50 PM

Anybody know what all that means?
Has the exchange rate matched inflation? Do you get more or less for a dollar? Not more pesos, but more supplies. If you change $100 in 2010, and 2016, witch batch of pesos would go further at the grocery store? have hotel prices go up by a 1/3 in that time?
Today the add is flashing, flashing adds keep people away from that page. People find other places to click where the add is not flashing.
Dont know what it wants to sell me.

weekend close, 20.8

good question! all I know is I was researching Vladimir Putin and they tried to hook me up with a gorgeous russian model!....I love this country!:yes:

DENNIS - 11-12-2016 at 08:22 PM

The exchange rate has nothing to do with inflation when it's in this volatile, animated mode. When the rate stabilizes, and inventories are replenished at the adjusted rate, inflation will be calculated by those figures. Imported items available today with prices calculated to reflect the older, lower Peso/Dollar import prices, are the bargain if there is one to be had.

freediverbrian - 11-12-2016 at 09:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RenoJoe  

Like that corpse Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Whoopi Goldberg can carry her colostomy bag.

With the spot open on the supreme and Ginsberg knocking on deaths door Trump will effect more with his appointments than his policy

joerover - 11-12-2016 at 09:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
all I know is I was researching Vladimir Putin and they tried to hook me up with a gorgeous russian model!....I love this country!:yes:

They deliver right to your door

no flashing add this time, just mexico auto insurance

DENNIS - 11-13-2016 at 07:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  

With the spot open on the supreme and Ginsberg knocking on deaths door Trump will effect more with his appointments than his policy

Get rid of Kagan. Maybe Barnum and Baily will give her a job at Clown College.

joerover - 11-13-2016 at 08:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  

Get rid of Kagan. Maybe Barnum and Baily will give her a job at Clown College.

get rid of all Bush apointted judges
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appoint...
Clown school has higher standards than that.

no change, 20.8 untill Monday morning

The add has a picture of Aladdins lamp, and wants me to have a $3,000 bonus. I did not read the fine print.

bajaguy - 11-13-2016 at 08:52 AM

Sorry, Joe........not going to happen. the Supreme Court will get back to a conservative base and return to interpreting the Constitution instead of creating law from the bench

Lee - 11-13-2016 at 12:31 PM

Sorry, Joe........not going to happen. the Supreme Court will get back to a conservative base and return to interpreting the Constitution instead of creating law from the bench

Joe can dream nothing wrong with that.

Conservative base will interpret the constitution? Not for me and most of the country. Ginsberg will be around until President Pu$$ygrabber crashes and burns.

NOT my President.

MaverickUSC - 11-13-2016 at 06:39 PM

Most things at this point are speculative.

What isn't speculative is that I (in Rosarito) can get 20,000 pesos from the ATM for $978 and trade them to the cambio for $1053 today.

Lobsterman - 11-14-2016 at 05:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Conservative base will interpret the constitution? Not for me and most of the country. Ginsberg will be around until President Pu$$ygrabber crashes and burns.

NOT my President.

He's my President and is also the President-Elect of 60M people who voted for him. He will interpret the law and Constitution for all not just the loony left as has been apparent for the past 8 years.

joerover - 11-14-2016 at 06:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MaverickUSC  

What isn't speculative is that I (in Rosarito) can get 20,000 pesos from the ATM for $978 and trade them to the cambio for $1053 today.

that is against the law

when you deposit the $1,053 in your bank account, you will owe uncle Sam 30% for tax, unless you are now in a higher tax bracket.

8;36am

DENNIS - 11-14-2016 at 07:28 AM

Nonsense.

DENNIS - 11-14-2016 at 08:07 AM

Starting the week:

20.7887 to one.

DENNIS - 11-14-2016 at 08:11 AM

that is against the law

when you deposit the $1,053 in your bank account, you will owe uncle Sam 30% for tax, unless you are now in a higher tax bracket.

8;36am

More nonsense

joerover - 11-14-2016 at 08:54 AM

that flashing add is back

no good

I will log off to escape the flashing add, without checking the exchange rate.

no nonsencse

Bubba - 11-14-2016 at 03:30 PM

Pssssst, news flash, he IS your president.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Joe can dream nothing wrong with that.

NOT my President.

Salsa - 11-15-2016 at 09:39 AM

When you price things in terms of how many 6-packs for it, nothing changes !!!

Don

wessongroup - 11-16-2016 at 12:52 AM

Depends on ones basis reference :):)

"Purchasing power in Baja California dropped 22% in 2016

TIJUANA, Baja California - The purchasing power of state residents has dropped 22% in 2016, said economist José Luis Contreras Valenzuela.
"If the peso continues dropping, we will have a loss from the exchange rate of more than 50%," he said.

Yesterday, the dollar was at 20.76 in the Bank of Mexico and at bank windows it averaged 21 pesos.

Contreras Valenzuela said that the increase in the dollar will directly impact inflation as most of the products are imported from the United States."

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnlinea/Notas/Noticias/15112...

DENNIS - 11-16-2016 at 08:03 AM

At this moment:

20.3108 to one

joerover - 11-16-2016 at 07:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
Depends on ones basis reference :):)

as most of the products are imported from the United States."

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnlinea/Notas/Noticias/15112...

When you shop at Calimax or Soriana, few products come from the US. Do you really want Pringles, and they seem to cost about double the price of a store half a mile away on the other side of the border.

Toyota comes from Japon.

close 20.17

DENNIS - 11-17-2016 at 07:13 AM

It's not so simple to establish country of origin for products any more. Bud Lite comes to mind.......made in Mexico.