BajaNomad

Visit to the dentist II

BajaBlanca - 11-9-2016 at 04:23 PM

The dentists in San Ignacio are way overbooked so I was asked not to bring more than a couple students at a time. I had two scheduled to go this Wednesday morning and last night got a message from Ezekiel (nicknamed Cheky) that he has a massive toothache ... so we ended up with 3 patients after all.

As soon as we got there, I put the kids to do the puzzle to keep them occupied and worry-free. In the end, about 3 groups, including the secretaries, were all doing puzzles LOL

Here is Cheky who ended up having a tooth pulled! He was not too happy until about 2 hours later when the anesthesia wore off and he could talk:

Next was Adriana who also had a toothache and yup, she also had a tooth pulled...but her reaction afterwards was to laugh because she dripped water all over herself as she tried to drink:

And lastly was Javier - he had no issues except excessive tartar and not even one cavity!! What a relief:

One very thoughtful donor offered to help with gas money and I am really thankful since I will make the La Bocana - San Ignacio - La Bocana run three times this week.

and I ran into Terri from the yurts and she informed me that someone left a package for me at her place so I stopped by to get it! Laundry soap and bath soap and shavors and THANKS THANKS THANKS to the donor!

and lastly, I ran into one of my middle school students at the dentist today and saw 2 more who were scheduled to come in the afternoon. Because they are so young, I simply announced in class that the san Ignacio dentists would be there and they went with a parent......the one I saw (Danna) had her tooth pulled too....such a shame but at least now they are all on the path to taking care of their teeth!

Isn't she just the cutest??? In 4 years she will be part of the scholarship program - smart cookie this one.

[Edited on 11-9-2016 by BajaBlanca]

ncampion - 11-9-2016 at 05:38 PM

I hope his solution to every toothache is to pull the tooth!

BajaBlanca - 11-9-2016 at 05:44 PM

No, their teeth were way way way too far gone to save.

Really sad.

But at least the toothaches are gone....been there and done that and it ain't fun at all.