BajaNomad

Latest San Felipe restaurant recommendations?

mrfatboy - 11-11-2016 at 05:11 AM

We are heading back down again to San Felipe for thanksgiving week. What are the current restaurant recommendations? Looking for fun/good atmosphere. We did El Nido last year.

Thanks

BooJumMan - 11-11-2016 at 07:06 AM

Went to Mariscos Juanita on the malecon a few months back and really enjoyed it... Atmosphere was good, food was good, and well priced. Service great.

La Vaquita #2

John M - 11-11-2016 at 07:46 AM

There has been a pretty decent restaurant one block off the northern end of the malacon, with the name La Vaquita. It has gotten most good reviews.

Now they have added an additional location on Highway 5, about 6 miles before you get into San Felipe. It is on the left side (as you drive toward S.F.) just beyond the first Pemex. It is in the Playa Del Oro complex, though the entrance is before the homes & security gate.

We ate there a month ago for dinner and the service was exceptionally good and the food very good. Prices about average. Unfortunately there have been a few restaurants try to make a go of it in this building without longevity. This may prove to be the exception.

John M

mtnpop - 11-11-2016 at 08:49 AM

Ate at La Vaquita in town last week, very good meal, good service and some entertainment from a young guitar strummer... most enjoyable.. prices didn't seem out of line... ,will certainly eat there again if we are going through..

have a safe trip

PaulW - 11-11-2016 at 09:09 AM

La Vaquita North is good. Mostly seafood. At least as good and the one in town, but a nicer pplace to eat. Yes previous operators in that place were pretty sub standard.
So what is our preference?
1) Pete's
2) Parrots Cracker
Both north of La Vaquita N
3) Playa Azul. Good Mexican (maybe the best?) food for low prices.
Trucker favorite
South of La Vaquita N
Malecon
) Morelias at the south end
) Taco factory

mrfatboy - 11-11-2016 at 09:54 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Any info on the Italian restaurant that used to be Red Lobster?

willardguy - 11-11-2016 at 12:29 PM

I don't know where this is....a guy from RPI racing posted this over on RDC (best tacos in san felipe thread) a cart in front of someones house?
giant gulf shrimp dog wrapped in bacon with cheese....anyone?:?:

del mar - 11-11-2016 at 12:37 PM

I don't know but sign me up! :bounce: