BajaNomad

Buying a storage bin in Loreto

gallesram - 11-15-2016 at 11:25 AM

I have looked for storage bins in Loreto but to no avail. I'm looking for a Steri-Lite/Rubbermaid bin for storage (equal to the size of a medium ice chest). We have tried hardware stores, both of the large supermarkets (Pescador & Ley), etc; nothing. Before I buy one at Home Depot and check it on the Alaska flight this week I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows where I can buy one locally.

Lengua - 11-15-2016 at 03:16 PM

buy an ice chest and use it for dry storage and wet

rhintransit - 11-15-2016 at 03:50 PM

nothing of that quality/brand down here in Loreto. Bodega A(whatever) does have bins occasionally but how long they would last, who knows.

[Edited on 11-15-2016 by rhintransit]

bajaguy - 11-15-2016 at 04:08 PM

Either use an ice chest or look at COSTCO in the states. They have heavy duty bins with yellow lids that you can lock or zip-tie seal

gallesram - 11-15-2016 at 04:16 PM

Thanks for the input; I'm looking for something clear so I can see what's in it (thought about an ice chest too but doesn't work for being clear). I'm surprised they're so tough to find. Sounds like I'm going to check a few on the flight. We were told about Bodega A and went by there last trip but didn't see anything.

rhintransit - 11-15-2016 at 05:15 PM

Walmart. City Club. Sam's in La Paz are possibilities if you want to drive that far for bins.