BajaNomad

today's donations - photos included

BajaBlanca - 11-16-2016 at 05:37 PM

This has been a very fun day! I got this heavy box FULL of fun items - pencils and crayons and color pencils and glue and notebooks and CANDY - I will be using the donations in my middle school classes tomorrow. Many kids no longer have pencils that are usable. The box was just brought over to me from Bahia Asuncion - thanks Doug!

They also sent a fan for La Paz student Alfonso who is simply melting without one....says he can't sleep at night. The fan is already on its way south - we don't slack around here!

and here is the box that bajanomad Kurt brought me today - he was on his way to Mulege and made a special stop....what a great guy! Laundry soap and toothbrushes and toothpaste (will be handed out tomorrow to middle schoolers)

God bless everyone. Life is BEAUTIFUL. Thanks all and say hi if you took the time to read this :)))))

[Edited on 11-17-2016 by BajaBlanca]

jbcoug - 11-16-2016 at 09:47 PM

Always enjoy your enthusiasm when donations arrive! Lucky kids, thanks nomads!

BajaBlanca - 11-17-2016 at 07:04 AM

:biggrin:

brucedog - 11-17-2016 at 08:00 AM

I took the time to read this :-)

BajaBlanca - 11-17-2016 at 02:21 PM

So, today I gave out some of the goodies:

The 7th graders wrote sentences describing Van Gogh's painting and then had to draw it on donated construction paper. In exchange for a good job, they got donated pencils. I was VERY impressed with their drawings!

The 8th graders got quizzed orally on correct responses to quick questions - they did great too! They got toothbrushes and I read them the riot act on what happens when you don't care for your teeth LOL

and they got pencils since some of them were writing with stubs!

The bell rang and there was a stampede out the classroom so I only got these three really smart students to pose for a photo - the task today was to write about the same Van Gogh painting but using the past tense: there was a door and there were chairs. They did mini drawings as well.

Their prize was candy -pencils -decals I had promoting La Bocana.

It was a really productive day.....a little bribery goes a long way LOL

Thanks again for letting me play Santa Claus, the pencils were already sharpened and they were a big hit!

Remember, whatever corner of Baja you happen to be in, you can make a huge difference with pencils and erasers and sharpeners. Any school will appreciate help.