BajaNomad

Car storage San Jose

bledito - 11-24-2016 at 09:29 AM

Does anyone have information for the car storage in San Jose that preps your car before arrival and picks up and drops you off at the airport? I want to relocate one car there for transportation to and from Los Barilles.

karenintx - 11-24-2016 at 10:43 AM

The taxi mafia prevents car storage lots from picking-up & most of the time from dropping-off.

Anchor Storage will wash your car but you still have to take a taxi to/from the terminal.

Avis Rental Car has a fenced-in lot next to their office. If we are only going to be gone a week or two we use them. You can take their car rental shuttle to and from the terminal for a propina to the driver.

bledito - 11-24-2016 at 05:07 PM

I'm looking longer term 6 month at a time need a battery charge, wash. I guess I could taxi to the storage site,

mtgoat666 - 11-24-2016 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
Does anyone have information for the car storage in San Jose that preps your car before arrival and picks up and drops you off at the airport? I want to relocate one car there for transportation to and from Los Barilles.

Hire a local in Los barilles to watch your car/home, and pick you up/drop you off at airport. Net Cheaper than auto storage in San Jose, and it's good to have a local assistant to take care of things.

imlost - 11-24-2016 at 08:33 PM

I have a car at San Jose Storage. I prepaid for a year, and it worked out to $53 US per month. You basically pay for 11 months and they give you a month for free. This is for outside storage - Under cover storage costs considerably more. I have yet to get my car, but when I dropped it off at the storage, they gave me a ride to the airport. They said they'll pick me up at the airport when I fly in. The managers and employees were really nice, and the place is really secure.

I just like the idea of getting off the plane and not having to rely on someone located where my home is to pick me up. It gives me the freedom of being able to go shopping and take my time in San Jose, before heading to my casa. This being said, I'll surely switch to a less expensive storage facility, if I can find one. I don't think it would be worth it to me if I only came & went once a year, but I tend to come & go from San Jose, frequently.

imlost - 11-24-2016 at 08:44 PM

...oh, and they disconnect the battery for storage, and then reconnect it when you pick up your car.

BajaUtah - 11-25-2016 at 02:44 PM

Bledito - Check your U2U

elskel - 11-25-2016 at 08:43 PM

Bledito check your u2u