BajaNomad

First time in Asuncion - Awesome

aguachico - 11-27-2016 at 07:46 AM

Just wanted to give a mega props to Shari, our host last month for a week of camping in Asuncion.

We decided to camp at Campo Sirena instead of roughing it in the mountains. The camp site was great, showers, wifi and the people in town are very cool.

The goal was to teach my girl Mari to kayak and panga fish. She has only been on my Grady and sport boats. Asuncion turned out to be the perfect place for fishing school. We fished San Roque on the kayak for bass. I fished solo in San Roque and Asuncion with Ross for a few YT and lotsa bass.

The highlight of the trip was fishing with Juan. He turned out to be everything I had heard, especially from Stan. Juan is a fishy guy and knew I just wanted to get Mari comfortable on the panga. We fished all 4 major sections of the area south from El Chorro(I'm still confused with churros and chorros) all the way to San Pablo where I got a nice YT. Mari hammered the ground fish and Bonito. Juan being the great host on a slow fishing day took us into Isla Asuncion for seal tour. I am not a fan of seals, but I have to say the NatGeo moment was very cool.

I drove up and down the beach area doing some recon work for my kayak friends and I was impressed on how clean the beach areas are.

BTW: we really miss our new friend toto, the pitbull that belongs to Jim. He is the biggest sweetest most spoiled baby. You cannot help but feed him and with girth shows he works his charm very well.

saludos

Udo - 11-27-2016 at 08:10 AM

Glad you had a great time...you can't find better hosts than Shari & Juan!:bounce:

David K - 11-27-2016 at 08:44 AM

Exactly what to expect with Juan & Shari at Bahía Asunción.... a great experience!

shari - 11-27-2016 at 09:12 AM

Thanks man...it was neat to finally meet you and Mari...she rocks!
Toto misses you too...he is the unofficial ambassador at Campo Sirena. Glad you got out to visit Stanibuns too...look forward to your next visit.

woody with a view - 11-27-2016 at 10:05 AM

Pretty much a good time guarantee in BA!