BajaNomad

Mosques in Northern Baja?

Bennie&Bruce - 11-28-2016 at 12:21 PM

Any Mosques in Northern Baja that any of you are aware of?

bajaguy - 11-28-2016 at 08:35 PM

I think there is one in Cantu, on the way to La Bufadora

Udo - 11-28-2016 at 09:26 PM

I know we have some here in Punta Banda...or are they called moscas?

Alm - 11-29-2016 at 09:42 AM

Thanks God, not too many mosques yet.
Moscas = flies, - oh yes, plenty. Garbage disposal is still sub-par.

DENNIS - 11-29-2016 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
I think there is one in Cantu, on the way to La Bufadora

Not a mosque. I think it's a closed "Tea Room." Nobody wanted to drink tea 100 yards from Sharky's.

DENNIS - 11-29-2016 at 09:58 AM

There are mosques in Mexico. Remember the Arab influence in Spain from the Crusade days.

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by DENNIS]

Bennie&Bruce - 11-29-2016 at 11:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

There are mosques in Mexico. Remember the Arab influence in Spain from the Crusade days.

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by DENNIS]

No Dennis, I wasn't alive at that time. What were those days like?

motoged - 11-29-2016 at 11:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bennie&Bruce  

I have a hunch B&B is a troll....maybe same guy a while back was going to fly his solar powered plane to Baja....but his comment above is funny :biggrin:

micah202 - 11-29-2016 at 11:52 AM

Any Mosques in Northern Baja that any of you are aware of?

here yer go...........
http://www.fronterasdesk.org/content/growing-population-musl...

Udo - 11-29-2016 at 11:54 AM

:bounce:

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

I have a hunch B&B is a troll....maybe same guy a while back was going to fly his solar powered plane to Baja....but his comment above is funny :biggrin:

Bubba - 11-29-2016 at 01:12 PM

Well, his head was likely in the clouds....if not stuck elsewhere...:rolleyes:

Don't feed the trolls, problem solved. :biggrin:

DENNIS - 11-29-2016 at 01:30 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1885414/thumbs/o-ISTANBUL-GAY-PRID...

Bennie&Bruce - 11-29-2016 at 01:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1885414/thumbs/o-ISTANBUL-GAY-PRID...

Thanks for sharing a photo from your wedding Dennis!

JoeJustJoe - 11-29-2016 at 01:38 PM

Good catch.

I would think before anyone would answer a question like the newbie OP asked, would first find out, why he wants to know where the Mosques are given the recent political climate in the US, and around the world.

It's another reason why I almost never talk to newbies with under 100 posts, especially if their post has troll potential or their motivation is unclear.

Bennie&Bruce - 11-29-2016 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Good catch.

I would think before anyone would answer a question like the newbie OP asked, would first find out, why he wants to know where the Mosques are given the recent political climate in the US, and around the world.

It's another reason why I almost never talk to newbies with under 100 posts, especially if their post has troll potential or their motivation is unclear.

Joe, it looks like you have 1000's of posts and very few people "talk" to you. You shouldn't discriminate. It's just not nice.

JoeJustJoe - 11-29-2016 at 03:48 PM

Again, given the hateful political climate, I wouldn't answer questions on "Mosques" in Mexico, unless the OP had good reason for asking.

The election of Trump, has brought the alt-right out of the woodwork.

It’s a sickness’: Letters calling for genocide of Muslims sent to mosques across the country

Letters praising President-elect Donald Trump and advocating for the genocide of Muslims in the United States have been sent to numerous mosques in five states.

At least 10 Islamic centers have received letters that are believed to have been written by the same person. The letters referred to Muslims as “children of Satan” and called Trump the “new sheriff in town” who will “cleanse America and make it shine again” by eradicating the country’s Muslim population.

“He’s going to do to you Muslims what Hitler did to the Jews,” the letters state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/11...

Bennie&Bruce - 11-29-2016 at 04:09 PM

Again, given the hateful political climate, I wouldn't answer questions on "Mosques" in Mexico, unless the OP had good reason for asking.

The election of Trump, has brought the alt-right out of the woodwork.

It’s a sickness’: Letters calling for genocide of Muslims sent to mosques across the country

Letters praising President-elect Donald Trump and advocating for the genocide of Muslims in the United States have been sent to numerous mosques in five states.

At least 10 Islamic centers have received letters that are believed to have been written by the same person. The letters referred to Muslims as “children of Satan” and called Trump the “new sheriff in town” who will “cleanse America and make it shine again” by eradicating the country’s Muslim population.

“He’s going to do to you Muslims what Hitler did to the Jews,” the letters state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/11...

Again, nobody cares

JoeJustJoe - 11-29-2016 at 04:33 PM

Again, nobody cares

So you newbie, who just joined this site about two weeks ago, speaks for everybody here?

Then again, you act more like a second handle troll who comes to this site every so often.

Bennie&Bruce - 11-29-2016 at 04:38 PM

Again, nobody cares

So you newbie, who just joined this site about two weeks ago, speaks for everybody here?

Then again, you act more like a second handle troll who comes to this site every so often.

I don't know who is less relevant here, you or me? I do know that I'm already liked more.