BajaNomad

Christmas in Ensenada

dyls5 - 11-28-2016 at 04:12 PM

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are planning to drive down Ensenada from LA at Christmas and have some questions!

We are going to stay from the 23rd of December until the 26th and we want to make sure the restaurants and some stores will be open. Will the town shut down over those few days or will we be able to find places to eat and shop?

Also, does anyone know if Ensenada is safe to bring our dog? The hotel we are looking at allows pets but we just want to make sure the town is dog friendly and there are not loose dogs running around everywhere!

Thank you!

woody with a view - 11-28-2016 at 04:16 PM

prolly similar amounts of roaming dogs in LA vs Ens. Don't expect restaurants to let Fido sit table side while you chow. Tourist oriented places will be open.

bajaguy - 11-28-2016 at 04:19 PM

You should be fine. Many places cater to Americans and will be open, as well as the shops. You shouldn't have a problem finding places to eat. Fido will have a great time. bring a leash, poop bags and his vaccination records

BajaBlanca - 11-28-2016 at 06:00 PM

welcome to bajanomad and have fun in Ensenada!

Ensenada

John M - 11-28-2016 at 06:25 PM

Christmas time is fun there - all the kids riding their new bikes on the malecon, kids playing soccer, all wearing their Christmas best clothes. Our dog has to stay home this time.

We'll be there 25th to 28th

John M.

dyls5 - 11-28-2016 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
Christmas time is fun there - all the kids riding their new bikes on the malecon, kids playing soccer, all wearing their Christmas best clothes. Our dog has to stay home this time.

We'll be there 25th to 28th

John M.

Sounds like a great time!

Are there any beaches nearby that allow dogs? We would love to throw the ball around for her on the beach. She is always on a long leash though whenever we take her.

joerover - 11-28-2016 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dyls5  

Are there any beaches nearby that allow dogs? We would love to throw the ball around for her on the beach. She is always on a long leash though whenever we take her.

Playa Hermosa on the south end of Ensenada, goes on for a couple of miles or more.

Things are open on Christmas day. Not everything, and not for the full day. Some things are open though, more than you expect.

bajaguy - 11-28-2016 at 08:30 PM

Your best bet for the dog is the beach area behind the Wal-Mart MicroPlaza shopping center. I don't think they allow dogs on the beach at Playa Hermosa We take our two Labs to the sandy beach spit in Punta Banda on the way to LaBufadora

WhackAMolE - 11-29-2016 at 04:19 PM

Hi Everyone!
We are going to stay from the 23rd of December until the 26th ...

I returned from Mexico to the US at the San Ysidro checkpoint the day after Christmas three years ago. My wait in line was four and a half hours in the regular lane. Traffic was backed up into downtown Tijuana. Just a heads up, maybe staying an extra day or two might be better.