BajaNomad

here's that photo of the bad vado near Catavina....use caution!!

Sharksbaja - 2-7-2005 at 02:01 PM

Thanx Pampano, I'll be leaving the beautiful(today) NW Wed 2/10. Need a lob taco bad.Expect to arrive in Mulege 12th or 13th. Sounds like Oregon, many accidents this time of year. Looks like good weather on the road down. How the weather at BOC?

welcome mat

Sharksbaja - 2-7-2005 at 07:15 PM

You can see the bridge from our little restaurant. Brrrrrr is right today but it has been quite unseasonably warm for here. I ll look fer yer truck(white?) and try to meecha. I reqally might go out there this trip. P. Concepcion that is. Thanx for the sincere welcome and info. Corky K. aka Sharksbaja
BestSeafoodInOregon

Great trip report

Keri - 2-7-2005 at 09:15 PM

Thanks so much for the informative report. and the picture of our friend Mely. Can't wait to get there for one of his great breakfasts. We hope to be coming in town around the 21st of Feb, Maybe we can meet for a cold one when we get there, k

foghornleghorn - 9-2-2005 at 06:41 PM

nice story

bajaden - 9-4-2005 at 04:11 PM

Came down the end of july. Stopped at the baja cactus for the night. Great place to stay. Had a taco at Momma's. Hadn't eaten there in years. I have to be honest, it wasn't very good. The place seems more like a tourist trap now. We went into the BOLA and made the foolish decision to go to San Francisquito. Its a pretty place, but not worth the 100 miles of dirt road you have to endure to see it. My buddy Mike was towing a trailer with a Quad on it. It blew a tire about 30 miles in. We jacked it up and got the tire off when I noticed that the leaf spring was just hanging there. Snapped it in two places. The trailer was going nowhere. Its probably still there if anyone wants it. I told Mike we should give it a proper Mexican burial and torch it. It was a bad trip for Mike. He had already gotten a ticket in El Rosario for crossing the center line. Later he and mY daughter would go down to La Paz, have their clothes stolen off his truck and get another ticket for not having a licence plate. He showed the officer his tempory one, because he had just bought the truck. Didn't matter he still had to pay. At least my daughter who speaks pretty good spanish got it down to $20. All in all, a good trip loaded with adventure.

comitan - 9-4-2005 at 04:28 PM

bajaden

We did that trip in july and have an overhead temp. it was reading 108 all I could think of what if we broke down, it is beautiful we stayed at San Rafael, then on I thought we were lost so much never saw anyone on the roads, never again.

bajajudy - 9-4-2005 at 05:22 PM

I am with you 100% on the road to San Franisquito but San Raphael is quite a treat. We had planned to stay there one night and wound up staying 3. Jim was catching cabrillo in the mornings for breakfast so our food lasted longer than we had thought. Beautiful place. There is a guy there who is a really nice person. I cant bring his name up but the day we got ready to leave our battery was dead. We had a charger but after a few tries figured out that it was, in fact, not working. I looked over by the fish camp and here came our friend with a battery on his shoulder. He must have walked at least 1/2 mile with the thing. We gave him a lot of food while we were there and he never even asked for a beer but of course we gave him some of those too. Really neat guy, never intruded but was always happy to talk when we initiated the conversation.
Great sunsets too.