BajaNomad

Beach Daze near Asuncion

shari - 12-14-2016 at 06:23 PM

All the snow pictures on facebook from my canuck peeps was making me cold so Juan & I took a beach day a couple days ago on a gorgeous hot afternoon. The full moon made for a super low tide so we were able to drive all the way nearly to Pta.Prieta from Los Choros on the beach.

There are some spectacular fallen rock formations that had really cool designs etched out of them by erosion I figure. They seemed like dancing, floating spirits or aliens! Very inspiring for photography!

This overhanging cliff was cracked and will be the next one to fall in a temblor.

Our destination was this rocky area to look for periwinkles for making crema but alas there werent any there so we went back to our usual spot for them.

this was pretty cool too....no idea what the heck it is but...weird.

on our way back we are in the middle of flucking nowhwere and all of a sudden I see something ontop of the cliff....hmmm....no vultures so it wasnt dead....turns out it was MotoGed...small world eh!

found a few sea lion bones...this foot is pretty neat....long toes.

gotta love natural art

we found lots of dead little calico bass fingerlings while collecting periwinkles...geezo.

thanks for riding along our on our beach day amigos...salud!

David K - 12-14-2016 at 06:28 PM

NICE!!!:bounce:

DocRey - 12-14-2016 at 08:59 PM

Awesome! Thanks.
P.S. What's the absolute best time for whale-visiting down your way? Please be as specific as you can. Thanks again.

blackwolfmt - 12-14-2016 at 09:22 PM

Thanks for the journey. I can feel the love. Happy Hollidays

Bajaboy - 12-14-2016 at 11:00 PM

Shari, there is one secret way to get down to the beach near Pt. Prieta..we call it Secret Lobster Beach. It's one of our favorite beaches on a low tide with little west wind. Let me know and I'll give you the coordinates offline.

wilderone - 12-15-2016 at 08:41 AM

That is a spectacular coast. Thanks for sharing.

barniclebob - 12-15-2016 at 08:42 AM

Nice pics Sheri.You are right.Its really cold here on the island in my RV.-12 this morning in Coombs.Should be my last winter here and will be posting from your place this time next year, Hotdogbob

Udo - 12-15-2016 at 08:55 AM

Thanks for posting the picturesque photos, Shari.

See you in a couple of weeks!

cliffh - 12-15-2016 at 10:10 AM

Hi from Buena Vista, BCS. Not familiar with periwinkle for creama??

AKgringo - 12-15-2016 at 10:25 AM

Pretty cool! I liked the shot of the sea lion.....Oh wait, that was Ged!

DawnPatrol - 12-15-2016 at 11:14 AM

Very cool!

See you end of February!
"The Greyhound Boys"

Alan from San Diego

desertcpl - 12-15-2016 at 11:36 AM

very nice

motoged - 12-15-2016 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Pretty cool! I liked the shot of the sea lion.....Oh wait, that was Ged!

Yep, there I was ....perched on a bluff just relaxing in between bouts of being a Sand Meister....and saw Juan's truck booking it south on the beach....about a half hour later he was returning when Shari spotted me and they turned around.

I thought I heard her say something about a beached ballena....but maybe the sound of the wind and waves just made it sound like
that :biggrin:

Meany - 12-15-2016 at 06:47 PM

Love driving on that beach. Did it in my RZR. MuchOOO Fun Thanks for the Pictures.