BajaNomad

Los Algodones crossing

henshaw - 12-17-2016 at 10:17 AM

Anyone have knowledge of the best day of the week and time day to cross back into the states at Algodones ? Would appreciate any feedback.

Udo - 12-17-2016 at 10:35 AM

Any day is good as there is hardly any traffic there.

PaulW - 12-17-2016 at 12:31 PM

Here is a resource
http://traffic.calit2.net/border/border-crossing-wait-times....
Algodones is called Andrade on the chart

Pescador - 12-17-2016 at 12:33 PM

Actually it can get pretty tied up at times when the people who were there for Dentist and Medical all leave at the same time. So early morning before 11 seems the best, and afternoons get pretty slow when all the people are returning. A lot walk, but there have been times when it took me more than an hour to get across.

AKgringo - 12-17-2016 at 03:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
Actually it can get pretty tied up at times when the people who were there for Dentist and Medical all leave at the same time. So early morning before 11 seems the best, and afternoons get pretty slow when all the people are returning. A lot walk, but there have been times when it took me more than an hour to get across.

That was my experience the one time I crossed northbound there. At least an hour in the afternoon sun, telling the same vendors "No gracias" over and over again!

I don't remember what day of the week it was.

bbbait - 12-19-2016 at 05:20 AM

Check U2

ursidae69 - 12-19-2016 at 01:18 PM

I crossed there Nov 19th around noon and back again on Thanksgiving day around 5pm. No issues going in, about an hour wait coming back. It's a little bit of a pain to drop off the visa and then going to get in line, but it worked out.