BajaNomad

Points of Interest

june bug - 12-23-2016 at 10:59 PM

Hello! Five friends and I are planning on doing a road trip this summer to Baja California. We will be leaving from San Diego and are unsure at this point how far to drive down the peninsula. We will be spending around 8 days in Mexico and are looking for points of interest. Waterfalls, good restaurants, cool towns, beaches, museums, really anything if you think is a neat attraction please tell me about it! Thanks for your responses and helping me plan my trip!

june bug

Valle de Guadalupe

bajaguy - 12-24-2016 at 06:59 AM

If you like wine and good food you could spend a couple of days exploring the wineries and restaurants of the Guadalupe Valley, just a stones throw away from Ensenada. Can provide more info/recommendations if you are interested.

David K - 12-24-2016 at 11:49 AM

Only 8 days... and how many do you want to be driving days?

You can go as far as Bahia de os Angeles in 1-2 days of driving, spend a couple days exploring the sites (desert vegetation, the mission at San Borja, ancient rock art, gold mines, beaches, the museum) then have an easy 2 day return trip, seeing more interesting sites along the way.

What kind of vehicle? 4WD? Can you handle driving dirt roads?

See this list of locations in Baja Norte and click on them to see photos at those locations to help decide if you want to go there: http://vivabaja.com/tours