BajaNomad

Detailed Map of the Peninsula ? and Merry Christmas

elskel - 12-25-2016 at 09:39 AM

Hey All, Merry Christmas: I have always used the AAA maps for the Peninsula. As they are not in production anymore, some friends were asking me what the most current map out there is? I am not sure if anything has been produced since the last AAA maps were produced. Detailed off highway info. Thanks for the reply's Brian

TMW - 12-25-2016 at 09:44 AM

National Geographic produces a Baja North and Baja South set of maps somewhat similar to the AAA map but it has some mistakes. Also the last Baja Almanac has a map version if you can find it on ebay or in a store I'm not sure how available it is.

bajaguy - 12-25-2016 at 09:53 AM

If you don't need an actual "map", contact Bajabound and see if they have any Baja Almanacs in stock, probably the benchmark. Worth the cost.

You also might want to check smaller/rural AAA offices for the Baja maps. I have had success at a small office in northern California. Enlist your family and friends if they are AAA members to search their local offices. They are out there

David K - 12-25-2016 at 11:15 AM

The Baja California Almanac is available at BajaBound.com. It is the 2009 (final) edition and the best road, trail and terrain map book.

mtgoat666 - 12-25-2016 at 11:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elskel  
Hey All, Merry Christmas: I have always used the AAA maps for the Peninsula. As they are not in production anymore, some friends were asking me what the most current map out there is? I am not sure if anything has been produced since the last AAA maps were produced. Detailed off highway info. Thanks for the reply's Brian

The best paper road maps today are by Guia Roji. The aaa maps are out of date, and have more errors than guia roji maps.
The nat geo maps are ok, but have a bit less detail relative to guia roji.

chippy - 12-25-2016 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by elskel  

The best paper road maps today are by Guia Roji. The aaa maps are out of date, and have more errors than guia roji maps.
The nat geo maps are ok, but have a bit less detail relative to guia roji.

I havenīt used guia roji for baja but here on the mainland they (gr)are so bad its funny. They seem to make up roads that donīt exist and donīt include roads that do.

David K - 12-25-2016 at 12:47 PM

I have yet to see a Guia Roja that had any clue. If Goat is serious, I must get one and see.

ScotsFire - 12-25-2016 at 07:28 PM

www.mapofbaja.com

Just got mine. Copywrited 2012, so not entirely sure how accurate it is, but was the newest one I could find.

ehall - 12-26-2016 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ScotsFire  
www.mapofbaja.com

Just got mine. Copywrited 2012, so not entirely sure how accurate it is, but was the newest one I could find.

Those are cool. Just ordered one. Thanks.

bajaguy - 12-26-2016 at 08:28 AM

I'm sure this will get someone's panties in a knot......

"....Surfers will appreciate the locations of the best waves, and how to access the coast....."

elskel - 12-26-2016 at 09:38 AM

Thanks for the reply's, I found an old aaa map for my friends. So are the Guia Ruji maps more detailed than the aaa maps? If so I will tell my friends to pickup another if they want.
Thanks, Brian