BajaNomad

Las Casitas Hotel, Mulege

Highwayman - 12-29-2016 at 01:15 PM

Does anyone have an email address for Javier, owner of the Casitas Hotel in Mulege.?I called today to make a reservation but no habla English. Planning now for March. Thanks

Bob and Susan - 12-29-2016 at 01:29 PM

send him a message on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010750740618&...

he checks that

remember march 10 to 23 is semana santa weeks and reservations would be a good idea

Highwayman - 12-29-2016 at 01:41 PM

Thanks for that Facebook link, just sent him a message.

KurtG - 12-29-2016 at 02:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
send him a message on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010750740618&...

he checks that

remember march 10 to 23 is semana santa weeks and reservations would be a good idea

Don't you mean April, not March. At least according to my 2017 calendar Easter is April 16.

Bob and Susan - 12-29-2016 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
Don't you mean April, not March. At least according to my 2017 calendar Easter is April 16.

you're correct...i'm wrong again

Gulliver - 12-30-2016 at 11:18 AM

I have been very happy with the food and service at Las Casitas and will continue to dine there.

That said, I paid for a meal there on December fifth using my VISA card and starting the next day was hit with a number of fraudulent charges spread over much of the U.S. I hadn't used the card anywhere else for a month or two.

I was able to stop and reverse these charges but in the process had to cancel the card and, since the mail delivery to Mulege is hillariously slow and unreliable, will be getting by on my partners card until I get back stateside in May.

There is no way for me to know if the leakage was here in town or who knows where along the information chain between here and VISA but we will not be using our cards in Baja with the exception of gas stations which, so far, have given us no problems.

Again, great food and service. Nice people. Just won't be using my card there.

Marc - 12-30-2016 at 05:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Highwayman  
Does anyone have an email address for Javier, owner of the Casitas Hotel in Mulege.?I called today to make a reservation but no habla English. Planning now for March. Thanks

He speaks English.

[Edited on 12-31-2016 by Marc]

question - Bob & Susan

John M - 12-30-2016 at 06:14 PM

Would Semana Santa be April 10 -23 then?

We are organizing a trip and would like to avoid that period. Does it usually bleed over a day or two on either end?

John M

Bob and Susan - 12-31-2016 at 06:15 AM

this year easter is on april 16th

for hotels in our area people are here the week BEFORE and the week AFTER easter...we are always full during these 2 weeks

for campers its only wed thurs fri sat and sunday...then easter and its over

this easter should be a good time here in mulege