BajaNomad

Road from Pt. Marquez to Pt. Conejo

mojo_norte - 1-5-2017 at 01:16 PM

How is the condition and nature of the road from P. Marquez to Pt. Conejo ? Driving a 4x4 PU w/ overhead camper (heavy)

edevart - 1-5-2017 at 05:02 PM

I drove from Conejo to just north of Marquez (el triple) earlier this week in a Heavily loaded Tacoma w shell. Road was fine. Somewhat slow going where the limestone is exposed, but fast in spots and easy through the arroyos. If you go all the way through, repost here on conditions please. We only turned around back to conejo because we wanted to explore north of Datilar a bit.

tiotomasbcs - 1-5-2017 at 05:25 PM

SSHHhhsh! Beautiful area accessed also from TS. Just don't want any Google/mileage overviews! Mike Younghusband was just here visiteing. Donkay and Solo kcking back in Loreto! Maybe BajaLinda can updates reports. Surfs Up!

AKgringo - 1-5-2017 at 05:53 PM

I don't have any current info for you, but I did poke around in that area a couple of years ago. As far as the nature of the road, you probably won't need four wheel drive, unless you want to access a beach or campsite.

When the road forks, the most used road is not necessarily the main road. Many of them dead end at a working ranch, and I did say when the road forks!