BajaNomad

Bahia Escondida

nbentley1 - 1-6-2017 at 10:28 AM

We are looking to spend a couple of days down there in mid February and are looking for some relatively up to date Intel. I searched the forum but coulnt find anything recent. I have never been there myself and its been a few years for friends of mine who have. Has the the site been developed at all, toilets, fees? etc? Any info is much appreciated. Cheers.

Bahia Escondida or Escondido (aka Puerto Escondido)?

David K - 1-6-2017 at 10:48 AM

Search 'Tripui'
That was an RV park on the driveway to Puerto Escondido.
This was posted by RnR one month ago from today:

As of early Nov, 2016 -

The original RV park at Tripui is closed. (The entrance was west of the driveway to the residential area)

However, the hotel area has parking and electrical/water hookups for a few units. (The hotel entrance is east of the residential area)

We parked there with a truck/trailer combo but actually stayed in one of the hotel rooms. Two other rigs were hooked up to electrical. Secure area with a full time night guard, quiet, you get to use the pool and hotel grounds, good restaurant.

[Edited on 1-6-2017 by David K]

nbentley1 - 1-6-2017 at 11:03 AM

I think that is a different spot. I'm headed to Bahia Concepcion. Thanks

Bob and Susan - 1-6-2017 at 11:16 AM

there are no services there...there is a guy who collects fees for camping

its pretty rustic

nbentley1 - 1-6-2017 at 11:24 AM

Thanks.

David K - 1-6-2017 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by nbentley1  
I think that is a different spot. I'm headed to Bahia Concepcion. Thanks

10-4, that's why I asked... On the map, your place is called Playa Escondida (Hidden Beach).

KurtG - 1-6-2017 at 11:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by nbentley1  
We are looking to spend a couple of days down there in mid February and are looking for some relatively up to date Intel. I searched the forum but coulnt find anything recent. I have never been there myself and its been a few years for friends of mine who have. Has the the site been developed at all, toilets, fees? etc? Any info is much appreciated. Cheers.

As Bob said, quite rustic but I consider it the best camping beach on the bay if you're a self sufficient camper. It is sheltered from north winds, has a lovely beach and close to islands if you have kayaks or boats. The road in is not suitable for large trailers or motor homes.

nbentley1 - 1-6-2017 at 12:16 PM

Sounds great. Thanks

shari - 1-6-2017 at 12:25 PM

it is our favorite spot in the area as it is the only place you dont hear the jake brakes on the trucks and traffic! I swam with whale sharks there 3 weeks ago! The easy way to find it is it is just a block south of La Posada Concepcion which looks like a small village..where the tennis courts are next to the highway. So get off there and go about 100 meters south and there is a sign and ya turn left towards the ocean on a rickety dirt road.

nbentley1 - 1-6-2017 at 12:39 PM

Thanks Shari, we've stopped at a few spots in Conception over the years just not that one. Excited about the potential of Whale sharks.

tiotomasbcs - 1-6-2017 at 06:17 PM

Jake breaks are part of the Ambiance! Like coyotes and loud young campers with fireworks. I love the Qs about Internet signals and can I get a 500ft RV in there?! The Old Baja... Smiles Tio

Spearo - 1-6-2017 at 07:16 PM

Don't ever go there. Its horrible. If you want to chance it I'm the guy with no shirt.

BooJumMan - 1-6-2017 at 09:07 PM

There a month ago, not developed. 2 dry pit toilets. Guy with no shirt hassled me all night.

No but seriously almost stepped on a baby rattle snake there AT NIGHT, so keep an eye out (obviously since you're in baja,...)

BajaBlanca - 1-8-2017 at 07:24 AM

We've never camped there but it really is one of the most beautiful spots to swim at! and now I hear there are whale sharks, time to head on over!

elfbrewery - 1-8-2017 at 12:38 PM

It's packed and Coco's is full, too. Maybe some spots will open up?? or you can squeeze in somewhere (maybe).