BajaNomad

where to buy Hills K/D (kidney) cat food?

rick1951 - 1-9-2017 at 12:56 PM

Can anyone tell me where to buy prescription cat food in either Ensenada (preferred) or TJ? I have a US prescription from a vet but might need to get another one locally. My wife and I have only been here for a few weeks so any pointers would help. Thanks.

Cat food

bajaguy - 1-9-2017 at 01:56 PM

I think you are out of luck. Can't even find Iaams or Science Diet

You might try Dr Antonio Pena

http://jassopetcare.com/language/es/inicio/

bajamary1952 - 1-9-2017 at 07:10 PM

If anyone has the prescription diets it would only be in a vet's office. I've seen regular Science Diet and Royal Canin in vets in TJ, Rosarito & Ensenada.

bajamary1952 - 1-9-2017 at 07:16 PM

Also...there is at least one cat kidney-friendly wet food that can be ordered on Amazon; don't know if it's available in Mexico but is in the U.s.

rick1951 - 1-9-2017 at 08:14 PM

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll have to order it online and pay the exorbitant fee to the mail service.

bajaguy - 1-9-2017 at 08:31 PM

Check with Dr Pena first

Quote: Originally posted by rick1951  
Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll have to order it online and pay the exorbitant fee to the mail service.

tjsue - 1-10-2017 at 02:43 AM

I suggest that you join the FB page entitled, "Feline Chronic Kidney Disease." You'll find all the information on there that you need, ask any questions that you want, plus the recommendation of not feeding your cat prescription kidney food.

My cat has kidney disease, he doesn't eat prescription food, and he's doing fine. There are many alternatives out there to prescription food. The vets like to prescribe it, because it makes them money.

[Edited on 1-10-2017 by tjsue]

[Edited on 1-10-2017 by tjsue]