BajaNomad

La Paz Car Rental Recommendation

NIFTSIX - 1-10-2017 at 10:32 AM

I apologize if I'm in the wrong spot (first time poster here), but I was looking for any recommendations for a good car rental company in La Paz.... We're flying in February and will be driving north to San Ignacio. Plan on needing a car for about a week. Any tips are much appreciated - Thanks in advance!

BajaUtah - 1-10-2017 at 11:02 AM

I've always liked National because I can reserve off the US website. Ive only rented from them in Cabo but have talked to the La Paz office before.

They have always stuck by the quoted prices. You HAVE TO buy the third party liability insurance (TPI). You don't have to buy the Comprehensive Insurance, your call. If you don't by the Comp they will "hold" a charge on your credit card. Never been a problem for me.

baja Steve - 1-10-2017 at 01:42 PM

Check your U2U

Shadowman - 1-10-2017 at 04:38 PM

Check Hertz. You are not required to buy Third Party Liability although you may choose to buy more coverage than what is included.

NIFTSIX - 1-12-2017 at 03:24 PM

Appreciate the replies:)

Martyman - 1-12-2017 at 05:24 PM

Many moons ago I reserved a truck at The Perla Hotel in LaPaz (Can't remember if it was National or Enterprise). Anyway, the office told me they had no trucks left and they could give me a car instead. That is when I showed them my reservation that had the corporate address on it from Minneapolis. They changed their story quickly and got me what I ordered within an hour.
Paperwork is important in Mexico and they did not want to be criticized from the corporate office. If my paper said Carrentals.com I doubt if I would have gotten the service I got.

GoodTattoos - 1-13-2017 at 09:45 AM

Anyone used Hertz before for car rental in la Paz? We are just picking up a small car for a week, no plans to go further out of town than Belandra. Is there really a need for a bigger vehicle?
-Philip