BajaNomad

Pedestrian crossing at Calexico west?

larryC - 1-13-2017 at 11:42 AM

I need to drop someone off (so they can walk across the border) at the Calexico west north bound crossing while I drive across. Where, while in the north bound line, would be the best place to drop them off?

[Edited on 2-1-2017 by larryC]

larryC - 2-1-2017 at 04:24 PM

bump

Pacifico - 2-1-2017 at 05:05 PM

This may help:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=53244

Looks like you can take the 5 and drop your passenger off where you make right hand turn (east) to go get in line. Then you have to travel east to find where to get in line before you can head back west along the fence.

Looks like the 5 and Madero would be close for a passenger drop...

MICK - 2-1-2017 at 07:04 PM

Larry are you sentri? If so you can drop them off after you enter the sentri lane when you are in line. I drop people off just as I get to the tall wall.[you will understand when you get there.] if not sentri why drop them off?
By the way, on the weekends the walking line can be 1 hour long. You might want to use the east border for walkers.
Mick.

larryC - 2-2-2017 at 08:47 AM

Mick
Yes I am Sentri and I have a friend that is bringing a truck down to Bahia to leave here and he needs a ride back to San Diego but he doesn't have Sentri. The link that Pacifico posted has an aerial view that makes sense and I can see the area where he can get out and walk across. He has the passport card so probably won't take too long for him to get across. Thanks for the link Pacifico.
Larry