BajaNomad

Baja Border & Road conditions between Calif & Loret

BajaMomo - 1-23-2017 at 06:17 PM

Have any Americans recently (post Trump) had difficulty crossing the border from California into Baja? We heard rumors that some Americans were turned away from crossing at Tijuana this past wknd. We usually cross at Calexico/Mexicali but wondered if the "climate" has changed recently for American tourists? Also, any road blocks any places due to the gas price deregulation?

LukeJobbins - 1-23-2017 at 06:25 PM

I cross two or three times a week at san ysidro and i'm white, younger and have CA plates and never have a problem.

ehall - 1-24-2017 at 06:49 AM

There was a gas price protest which shut down a few crossings for a few hours on sunday. Typically no problems .

mtgoat666 - 1-24-2017 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMomo  
Have any Americans recently (post Trump) had difficulty crossing the border from California into Baja? We heard rumors that some Americans were turned away from crossing at Tijuana this past wknd. We usually cross at Calexico/Mexicali but wondered if the "climate" has changed recently for American tourists? Also, any road blocks any places due to the gas price deregulation?

Gas price protesters have shut down SY border xing a few times. But detour to Otay and life is good.
Go early, they protests don't get going until late morning!

No anti-trump protests yet, but the administration is young, and the man-child has only had a few days to fluff like a peac-ck and show his true insanity, depravity and evil.... give it time, he will thoroughly offend all Mexicans very soon!

ncampion - 1-24-2017 at 08:14 AM

We crossed at SY last week and were sent to secondary. The official asked us who we voted for and we replied Trump. He then called his supervisor over and he asked the same question. This time I said Hillary and he said OK you can go.

David K - 1-24-2017 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
We crossed at SY last week and were sent to secondary. The official asked us who we voted for and we replied Trump. He then called his supervisor over and he asked the same question. This time I said Hillary and he said OK you can go.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: