BajaNomad

FMM and multiple trips within a year

pauldavidmena - 2-3-2017 at 07:27 AM

My wife and I just came back from an 8-day trip to Baja. At this point in our lives, we can only make it once or twice a year, so we fill out our FMM after arriving at the Los Cabos airport and then have it collected when we leave. If we knew that we were going to return within 6 months, however, should we have kept our FMMs? Is that even possible? Is it better - howbeit more expensive - to just fill out a new one during our next trip? I'm just trying to plan for a time when we don't have to wait 51 weeks between visits. :cool:

AguaDulce - 2-3-2017 at 08:14 AM

They always ask for them as I fly several times a year. I would like to keep it for my driving trip.

David K - 2-3-2017 at 08:18 AM

Flying FMM is not treated the same as the land crossing FMM. They collect them when you fly out of Mexico, so they are one time use only.

pauldavidmena - 2-3-2017 at 08:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Flying FMM is not treated the same as the land crossing FMM. They collect them when you fly out of Mexico, so they are one time use only.

Aha. I didn't realize that they were different forms - then again, I've only entered Mexico by airplane thus far.

David K - 2-3-2017 at 08:37 AM

The paper looks different too. Had one in 2014 when I flew in and out of Baja in a helicopter.

sancho - 2-3-2017 at 09:02 AM

Was a ? yrs. back, a guy flying to the Cape and driving
a vehicle back up, he was wondering if his fly in fmm was
technically valid for the drive back up. An odd situation,
not sure there is a clear answer

pacsur - 2-3-2017 at 02:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  

Was a ? yrs. back, a guy flying to the Cape and driving
a vehicle back up, he was wondering if his fly in fmm was
technically valid for the drive back up. An odd situation,
not sure there is a clear answer

Not an issue.

brucedog - 2-5-2017 at 08:10 AM

I'm in the opposite situation...drove down in December and have to fly to CA in a couple weeks for a short trip. Does anybody know if I get to keep my FMM for my return flight and the rest of my trip driving back?

elskel - 2-5-2017 at 08:14 AM

You will turn it in and have a new one issued when you fly back. The fees are built into the price of the ticket.

bajabuddha - 2-5-2017 at 08:19 AM

On the fly/drive Q. issue, my guess would be that it depends on how many days it's valid for... if it's issued for 180 days you should be good to go, but if it's given for two weeks, that's all you get. I'd ask at the airport upon arrival.