BajaNomad

here's our lot

yankeeirishman - 2-14-2005 at 06:53 PM

Our lot at Campo Ocotillio. We are happy with the legals, sellers, and our new friends that live here. House construction starts in late April

where is this place??

capt. mike - 2-15-2005 at 07:33 AM

a town? a campo close to??

yankeeirishman - 2-15-2005 at 10:24 AM

This place has been here some 26 years, operated by Salvador Floris. We are located a few miles south of Pete's Camp. Not to be confused with a loud rusting camp.........You guys will be welcomed to stay at the house (when it's built) anytime (for all the help you've given).

[Edited on 2-15-2005 by yankeeirishman]

bajalou - 2-16-2005 at 07:14 PM

The help you're refering to is mixing cement, nailing rafters, etc. isn't it?

:biggrin:

yankeeirishman - 2-16-2005 at 08:14 PM

Oh yeah! I'll be doing the majors. Having found Ramon (a great Mex citizen) that does all phases of house building. He has done plenty for other folks at the camp. We're currenty getting info on payments of ss and other Govt required wage related costs....before a nail is pounded :!:

bajajudy - 2-17-2005 at 06:58 AM

I have always heard that you can not get ss checks sent outside of the usa so tread softly. Or find a friend or relative to have them sent to.

yankeeirishman - 2-17-2005 at 09:21 AM

Oh....hell I am not retired! Not that lucky yet. I meant ss and all that Govt stuff that may be need for a Mexican nationality employee. Having someone look into exactly what is required for payment of labor. Will pass this LEGAL dada forward to my fellow Nomads when it arrives

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by yankeeirishman]

elizabeth - 2-17-2005 at 10:12 AM

I understand that yankeeirishman was talking about Mexican social security payments for workers...but, Bajajudy may have heard you can't get U.S. social security payments in Mexico; however, that isn't true. You can...in most cases, even if you are a Mexican citizen...check the law at the source!
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/international/your_ss.html

Or!

yankeeirishman - 2-17-2005 at 02:14 PM

There are mail forwarding services! You can get anything mailed to anywhere these days.