BajaNomad

Place to stay in Guadalupe Valley?

Howard - 7-9-2017 at 11:33 AM

I have always stayed at an inexpensive motel closer to
Ensenada but now looking for a little nicer place, ideally in or very close to a vineyard with a view.

Is there such a place that will be in the $100 a night range or has that ship sailed? If not, I could stretch the budget, so what would it take?

Also, where is your best recommendation to eat?

Thanks

wilderone - 7-9-2017 at 01:24 PM

There are a few under $100. Here's an interesting article:

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/san-diego/wine-country-food-...

Splurge - sounds like a unique dining experience

kevin_in_idaho - 7-10-2017 at 05:54 AM

I don't have a specific recommendation but a great personal story. We were there in Jan and loved the place. We went to some wineries and asked around about places to stay. At one winery, the owner invited us to just park our truck/camper in his parking lot if we wanted. Very nice but since the storm was coming in, we passed. It would have been fun though and the people were awesome everywhere we went. I so want to go back but it's a long way from Boise.

elizabeth - 7-10-2017 at 06:15 AM

Rancho Maria Teresa...i haven't stayed there for 4 years, but have referred friends who loved it as much as I did. Back then it was $43 US, and most likely more now! It's in a vineyard and olive orchard, beautiful place for a morning walk to their chapel. There are two swimming pools and area for barbecue and picnic. Check out their website.

TecateRay - 7-10-2017 at 07:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elizabeth  
Rancho Maria Teresa...i haven't stayed there for 4 years, but have referred friends who loved it as much as I did. Back then it was $43 US, and most likely more now! It's in a vineyard and olive orchard, beautiful place for a morning walk to their chapel. There are two swimming pools and area for barbecue and picnic. Check out their website.

A second for Posada Inn at Rancho Maria Teresa. Last time there about $100 a night. Clean rooms, secure parking, pool, jacuzzi, really nice grounds, coffee shop.