BajaNomad

Asuncion bracing for big swell by Hurricane Eugene

shari - 7-9-2017 at 06:59 PM

The tractor was busy today pulling all the coop pangas out of the water in Ensenadita next to our place to prepare for the big swell. Pangas from Pta.Priet & San Hipolito have gone inside the estuary at La Bocana to find shelter as there is no where to pull them up to safety in their own camps. I hadnt heard of this before. Coop says they have never had this big of swell hit at such a high tide which is cause for concern. Good think it's not going to rain!

The village is worried about the anticipated 11' swell arriving right at the full moon high tide which may cause problems for the south facing town beach. People in the danger area are being warned. The only big boat anchored in our bay left through the short cut today for Turtle Bay's protected harbour.

We enjoyed sitting by the sea eating seafood tostadas at Blady's under his new groovy umbrella which I hope he moves as waves may very well be splashing over this bank tomorrow as it is quite low there.

Got my cameras ready for the drama tomorrow!

Be safe everyone especially in the surf zone...I wonder how that Todos SAntos place on the beach will fare? Looking forward to surf reports.

[Edited on 7-10-2017 by shari]

woody with a view - 7-9-2017 at 07:15 PM

Green grass and high tides forever!

Please post fotos!

rts551 - 7-9-2017 at 07:18 PM

The highest tides will be in the middle of the night.

shari - 7-9-2017 at 07:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
The highest tides will be in the middle of the night.

aint it always like that...storm rains usually come at night too which sucks as everybody's roof leaks....ni modo...asi es.

Eugenia?

AKgringo - 7-9-2017 at 07:32 PM

NOOA is calling it Eugene. Did you just give it a sex change?

Eugene is my middle name, and I feel like I just got neutered!

aguachico - 7-9-2017 at 07:47 PM

Suerte Shari. We are feeling the affects as of a few days ago. It's a bit early for the a south swell storm, but go figure.

Let me know if the YT start biting early. I'm ready to come camping there.

Rossman - 7-10-2017 at 03:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by aguachico  
Suerte Shari. We are feeling the affects as of a few days ago. It's a bit early for the a south swell storm, but go figure.

Let me know if the YT start biting early. I'm ready to come camping there.

Capt Juan got into them with a client a few days ago. I have been out with my tin boat the last two days and managed one small one, but I am just a mere mortal, unlike Capt Juan. Especially yesterday the conditions look good. 59 degree water at the launch but just a short distance offshore I ran into some 65 degree stuff. Lots of bait and perfect conditions but still a bit early. Hope to see you and Mari down here soon.

chuckie - 7-10-2017 at 04:00 AM

Pics should be spectacular! Hope everyone stays safe!

shari - 7-10-2017 at 06:46 AM

Looks like we dodged the bullet again as Eugene has weakened quicker than anticipated so swell heights are now back down under 10' which is not too bad.

Yellowtail have been here for a couple weeks now....early start but ocean temps here inshore are still chilly willy.

Have a great week my Nomad amigos.

(ooops on the original spelling of Eugene...I am used to the word Eugenia from the point by Bahia Tortugas!)

tiotomasbcs - 7-10-2017 at 10:18 AM

Storm direction looks good for waves in Northern Baja and Southern California. Point Loma, La Jolla, Trestles, Newport, and Malibu! We're packin tightly lined waves with heavy Southern direction in 3/5ft range. Bring in the clothes off the clothesline, Shari? Thanks for the pics. Tomas

shari - 7-10-2017 at 12:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
Bring in the clothes off the clothesline, Shari?

Eugene is no threat to my laundry....only 15 knots tomorrow...normal for here...but I will wait till after the waves diminish as my laundry gets salty!
fish should be hungry in a few days too...