BajaNomad

El Grito esta noche - midnight - Mexico City time

SFandH - 9-15-2017 at 07:19 PM

Tune it in if you get Mex TV and be prepared if you're in Mex and have dogs, there will be bombs going off.

AKgringo - 9-15-2017 at 07:26 PM

?Que es "El Grito"?

SFandH - 9-15-2017 at 07:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
?Que es "El Grito"?

The cry:

¡Viva México! ¡Viva México! ¡Viva México!

by the president.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grito_de_Dolores

Independence Day

[Edited on 9-16-2017 by SFandH]

willardguy - 9-15-2017 at 07:42 PM

not to mention Xolos Eagles tonight

SFandH - 9-15-2017 at 07:46 PM

y Canelo vs. Golovkin manana!

all sorts of reasons to party down.

AKgringo - 9-15-2017 at 07:51 PM

Thanks for the reminder!

Every 'Cinco de Mayo', I find myself explaining to my northern friends that it is not Mexican independence day, but I always forget when it is.

shari - 9-16-2017 at 08:38 AM

Last night I was nearly asleep when I heard fireworks so I jumped up and ran outside to see them. In our little village it was a small but zippy display and delighted us who VERY rarely get to see them.

About 10 seconds after the finale...a huge bright green fireball shot all the way across the sky over my head from north to south!!! At first my mind was confused...how did a firework get way over to our place out here on the point? Then I realized it was one of Nature's fireworks!!!!
VIVA MEXICO!!!!

anybody else see it? probably lots of people as so many were outside last night

willardguy - 9-16-2017 at 08:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Last night I was nearly asleep when I heard fireworks so I jumped up and ran outside to see them. In our little village it was a small but zippy display and delighted us who VERY rarely get to see them.

About 10 seconds after the finale...a huge bright green fireball shot all the way across the sky over my head from north to south!!! At first my mind was confused...how did a firework get way over to our place out here on the point? Then I realized it was one of Nature's fireworks!!!!
VIVA MEXICO!!!!

anybody else see it? probably lots of people as so many were outside last night

the death of Cassini, far far away?

shari - 9-16-2017 at 10:50 AM

it was directly overhead at 10:30 last night and seemed pretty close...I thought it may have been like a piece of meteorite entering our atmosphere? space junk?

willardguy - 9-16-2017 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
it was directly overhead at 10:30 last night and seemed pretty close...I thought it may have been like a piece of meteorite entering our atmosphere? space junk?

Joe Dirt's lucky meteor?

SFandH - 9-16-2017 at 11:05 AM

I looked it up, green color, which is common, means nickel was vaporizing. Probably a meteorite.