BajaNomad

The pre-runners are here

bajalou - 2-20-2005 at 07:06 PM

Sitting here in my home at the computer (what else?) waiting for the caldo de camarones my wife had fixed to heat up, I think I hear a airplane coming in for a landing in my yard. If it's tring to do that it won't make it. I go out to see whats going on and the roar is coming from the new access road to Valle Chico etc, that I mentioned in a prior post. It's about 1/4 mile from my place and a Trophy Truck (I think) is heading back to town from the days activities. The town is filling with racers getting out to see the course - find out what's different this year from last. With the rain we've had there won't be a lot of dust and everyone should just fly around it. And good luck to all you hardy souls that entertain us.

:biggrin:

tunaeater - 2-20-2005 at 10:34 PM

Lou how much rain have you guys had in the last few days...

bajalou - 2-20-2005 at 11:00 PM

About 1/2 inch in the last 2 days. Shouldn't hurt the prerunning or racing at all. Today was mostly clear.

Wr've renamed the mountains to the west to Sierra Blanka - they are all covered with snow and down quite a ways.

TMW - 2-21-2005 at 08:24 AM

Some of the prerunners report lots of water in Matomi wash. It sounds like we won't have too much dust to deal with watching the race.

bajalou - 2-21-2005 at 12:29 PM

Watching should be great - some of the track near Hghy 3 has some pretty good mud right now I heard. Don;'t think enough rain for problems in Chanote or Huatamote. In the lower Huatamote friday and it was great.

Pretty steady roar of stuff heading out to the course today.