BajaNomad

Sub-dividing property

ligui - 12-10-2017 at 09:40 AM

Has anyone sub-divided their property or know what are the steps and maybe an idea of the cost ?

Thanks !

shari - 12-11-2017 at 08:18 AM

It will depend on what type of property it is...ejido or municipal title. I am interested in the answer as a guy in our village also wants to sub-divide his lot.

Hook - 12-11-2017 at 10:00 AM

Isn't this something that a quick talk with a nortario or two might reveal? They seem to be involved in most any land transaction.

ligui - 12-11-2017 at 12:36 PM

Titulo de Propiedad no. 000000007347

Municipio de Loreto

ncampion - 12-11-2017 at 03:52 PM

Have a friend/neighbor doing that right now (Loreto titled property) He is using a local to facilitate the process. Apparently not a problem but you need to have someone who knows how to do it properly and of course pay some money.

Bob and Susan - 12-11-2017 at 04:43 PM

a couple of questions

is it true you have to give one lot to the city but can buy it back

do you now need to pay taxes on each lot now

do you need an enviormental impact report and does that cover the smaller lots for construction

do you have to have a plan for water and sewer and roads for access
I'm sure you cant just cut up the lot

how wide do the roads thru the properties have to be

who owns them after the split and who id responsible for the repairs

ligui - 12-12-2017 at 06:52 AM

Bob and Susan , very good ?'s will add some of them to my list i'm working on . This going to be a project .

Gives me more excuses to head south . As if one would need an excuse to want to head to baja . :o

Thanks for everyones help . Can always use more input .

BajaBlanca - 12-12-2017 at 08:24 AM

I too am interested in how this goes as we are thinking of divvying up one of our properties.

Bob and Susan - 12-12-2017 at 11:19 AM

make sure you make a "homeowners association with rules" BEFORE you seel one lot...make the buyers sign as part of the contract sale

otherwise you are screwed in the future...they wont have to "join" the community and its common costs

ligui - 12-14-2017 at 05:50 AM

This was Ejido land a long time ago . took us a few years to get it into Titled land . Was very interesting process , learned a lot and met a lot of people thru the process Also many trips to La Paz for paperwork .
And lots of meals with the Ejido menbers . :bounce:

Will keep posting as things move along . Heard it could take a year our so to get thru the entire process .

Keep any info coming , Thanks