BajaNomad

Camping recommendations Todos Santos January

clubfred - 12-10-2017 at 11:33 AM

Long time Baja travelers but we rarely venture south of Loreto. Hubs is keen on surf casting for rooster fish in Todos Santos, so we're thinking about heading down this year. Our rig is truck (durable Toyota Tundra, Baja veteran truck) and trailer (20 feet with good clearance).

I know it's difficult to find beach camping TS but would love to hear from fellow Nomads with advice.

Cheers!
Kristene

tiotomasbcs - 12-10-2017 at 12:50 PM

San Pedrito beach in Pescadero. Lots of surfers. They are charging $150p nite for dry camping. No Roosters, Sierra, yet. Fishing onshore has been slow/bad for a few years due to gill netting. North/south of TS may be better fishing.

tobias - 12-10-2017 at 01:19 PM

Punta Lobos had great surf fishing last january but it dried up in late febuary.
If you dont mind a bit of a run down trailer park, El Litro is very cheap and full of nice people. Right in the middle of town. Lots of barking dogs if you are a light sleeper.
Sierras were good just north of TS last year around the same dates and there is plenty of free beach camping just north of the surfer beach.
Surface irons will get you sierras, jacks and maybe a rooster.
Clams will fetch some pompano or other misc table fare.

David K - 12-10-2017 at 01:23 PM

Kristine, see my Trip #6 report from last August for a few details on the camping spots or beaches between Todos and Cabo.

clubfred - 12-11-2017 at 09:07 AM

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, husband and cats (x) will not groove on all-night barking dogs. BTDT

Will check out these options. Sad to hear about the gill netting and sadly not surprised.

BTDT?

AKgringo - 12-11-2017 at 09:11 AM

What is that text-hand for?

clubfred - 12-11-2017 at 09:15 AM

Been there, done that.

tobias - 12-11-2017 at 09:25 AM

Now that I think about it, the road out north of TS is sandy in spots and gets pretty rough.
You should probably disconnect and check it out with your truck before dragging your trailer out there.
Do you have the iOverlander app?

clubfred - 12-11-2017 at 02:45 PM

Never heard of that app.

tiotomasbcs - 12-12-2017 at 03:15 PM

Ja, ja, ja! sandy in spots and gets pretty rough..... sounds like most of Baja, my kinda place! :bounce::bounce: