BajaNomad

San Felipe or Bay of LA

rancho guillermo - 12-12-2017 at 10:31 AM

Traveling from Rosarito to Mulege in a little while. Should I push to spend first night in Bay of LA or stay San Felipe and have a long second day of driving? Of course open for suggestion also.

TMW - 12-12-2017 at 10:34 AM

Both, take your time.

dtbushpilot - 12-12-2017 at 10:35 AM

Staying in LA Bay will add 80 miles to your trip unless you plan to drive south down the dirt road through El Arco.

BoLA

bajaguy - 12-12-2017 at 10:39 AM

If you stay, recommend Costa del Sol

http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info/costa-del-sol.htm

del mar - 12-12-2017 at 10:45 AM

drive out to BoLA just to spend the night??

tobias - 12-12-2017 at 10:48 AM

Gonzaga , punta final?
If you are just excited to get to mulege , what about cocos corner?

mtgoat666 - 12-12-2017 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rancho guillermo  
Traveling from Rosarito to Mulege in a little while. Should I push to spend first night in Bay of LA or stay San Felipe and have a long second day of driving? Of course open for suggestion also.

stay in catavina or guerrero negro.

rancho guillermo - 12-12-2017 at 01:20 PM

Thanks everyone...trying to make a plan so we do not drive at night...In and Out at BOLA is lengthy...but have a friend who has never been. Not even sure can make it there by night fall. Will not be camping so need hotels...
Gonzaga Bay may fit the day better...Alfonsinas only hotel?

woody with a view - 12-12-2017 at 03:34 PM

From Rosarito its about 8.5 hours if you stop for tacos, fuel and occassionaly to water the cactus. That’s staying on H1. If you have to go to SF for some reason you’ll never make it this time of year. GB is the only real answer but reservations may be tough.

David K - 12-12-2017 at 05:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rancho guillermo  
Thanks everyone...trying to make a plan so we do not drive at night...In and Out at BOLA is lengthy...but have a friend who has never been. Not even sure can make it there by night fall. Will not be camping so need hotels...
Gonzaga Bay may fit the day better...Alfonsinas only hotel?

Punta Bufeo has a little motel, about 7 miles north of Alfonsina's driveway. It's in my TRIP #1 report (from last January).

El Sacrificio, driveway is a mile south of Alfonsina's, has sportsmen cabins.