BajaNomad

Toilet paper

Sr.vienes - 12-12-2017 at 06:13 PM

My good friend Edd and I where making a fast trip to the East Cape and had left GN really early, a while down the road we needed more coffee so we stopped at a small restaurant. Edd said the other coffee had kicked in and he really needed the banjos. He soon returned with a much relieved look and I asked him “how was the the restroom” he said “very nice”. I asked him if nice meant it had toilet paper, he replied “well I only have one sock on” Baja roookie mistake Edd. Best to spin down some small pocket rolls to take in with Ya just in case.

woody with a view - 12-12-2017 at 07:45 PM

Wow, what a rookie! Turn the sock inside out carry on.

JZ - 12-12-2017 at 07:46 PM

Always carry a roll in the truck.

Wet wipes are a godsend as well. Especially if you are camping out at all.

AKgringo - 12-12-2017 at 08:08 PM

In years past when I was traveling with my family, it was common to find toilets with no seats! We carried our own seat in a shopping bag, along with TP and some towels.

Three years ago at the finish line for the Baja 1k, the Walmart there removed the toilet seats (at least in the men's room) for the event.

BajaTed - 12-12-2017 at 08:46 PM

One sheet with a hole in the middle - USMC style

JZ - 12-12-2017 at 10:56 PM

Went to China in October. Out to the country side. Pit in the ground. No tp.

While using it I was thinking that Mexico taught me well.

DanO - 12-13-2017 at 12:52 AM

My vehicle carries two rolls and a shovel at all times. You never want to be caught with your pants down, as the saying goes. Just make sure to miss your shoes, or you're riding in the pickup bed the rest of the trip. :lol::lol::lol:

BajaMama - 12-13-2017 at 06:33 AM

Those little wipes are sooooooo sweet while traveling. Fresh and clean and what the heck you're not supposed to flush them anyway!

bajabuddha - 12-13-2017 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

Don't forget to save the little ''hole'' piece for your fingernail. :light:

Floatflyer - 12-13-2017 at 08:09 AM

"kicked in and he really needed the banjos."

What did he play on them?:P

Paco Facullo - 12-13-2017 at 08:25 AM

My emergency set-up is a 5 gallon bucket lined with a tall kitchen trash bag.

For added comfort I line the rim of the bucket with slotted pipe insulation.

I always carry T/P and baby wipes !

John Harper - 12-13-2017 at 08:27 AM

A couple small pocket packs of Kleenex and a small pack of wet wipes. Works great for backpacking too.

John

BornFisher - 12-13-2017 at 08:35 AM

Always travel with a roll of paper towels. Many uses!!!

BajaBlanca - 12-13-2017 at 09:07 AM

Those tp rolls have saved the day many a time!

BajaTed - 12-13-2017 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

Don't forget to save the little ''hole'' piece for your fingernail. :light:

My family is Army and I don't dare tell the whole joke that my Navy buddy told me. He said he could say that about Marines, but if any other service vet told the joke he would flip out;D
Semper Fi

motoged - 12-13-2017 at 11:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Yep....that is my system for my cargo trailer "Airstream"....used a 'pool noodle" for the rim padding.....deluxe under the right conditions....:light:

mtgoat666 - 12-13-2017 at 12:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Yep....that is my system for my cargo trailer "Airstream"....used a 'pool noodle" for the rim padding.....deluxe under the right conditions....:light:

what a fussy poop method!

just squat!

most of the world uses squat toilets! get out and travel the world! see how the other half squats!

if i encounter a dirty western-style sit toilet or sit-toilet with missing seat, it becomes a squat toilet!

does the pope sh!t in the woods? yes, he squats!

woody with a view - 12-13-2017 at 03:44 PM

they sell a toilet seat with a lid that snaps onto the rim of the bucket. way cooler than donkey dong pipe insulation. check amazon.

motoged - 12-13-2017 at 03:53 PM

Woody....I am aware of that option....the blue pool noodle works fine for me....less weight in the trailer....ya know how important that is :biggrin:

Goat.....so go squat..... I stoop to your level when in such situations when no other options exist..

bajabuddha - 12-13-2017 at 03:58 PM

.... so ol' goathead DOES know squat... :o

motoged - 12-13-2017 at 04:00 PM

Cool :light: ...sit, read, look at pics, tear off a page or two and wipe....

BEWARE: glossy paper risk

lizard lips - 12-18-2017 at 05:12 PM

wipes are the best. People that buy scented TP are fools. Why pay extra for the smell. Are you trying to impress your thumb?

bajabuddha - 12-18-2017 at 05:38 PM

Bidets are best. I have one in all my RV's, tents and porta-potties.

(HINT: squirt bottle set on 'stun' position, but ya gotta AIM ! :lol: )

Udo - 12-19-2017 at 12:29 PM

:lol:

Quote: Originally posted by lizard lips  
wipes are the best. People that buy scented TP are fools. Why pay extra for the smell. Are you trying to impress your thumb?

Sr.vienes - 12-19-2017 at 05:55 PM

OK floatflyer after four or five beers my Spanish is perfect, my spelling not so much! Sorry about the banjos not baños. DanO mentioned taking care not to poop on ones feet when squatting, having grown up in Arizona ranch country I had heard the old cowboys talk about a “chitheel outfit” a few years ago I found it necessary to take an emergency squat and did not allow for wind drift. I figured out a “chitheel outfit” meant they were to broke or small to afford an outhouse.

Skipjack Joe - 12-22-2017 at 04:29 AM

Squatting is the best way to poop. Our ancestors since the dawn of time did it, and with good reason. The knees and upper legs push into the abdomen helping the process. If you sit you have to strain your core muscles to do it but with squatting there is less strain.

Franco - 12-27-2017 at 11:54 AM

Beautiful July morning in the Rockies. South of Mount Robson nature calls! Take abandoned logging road for privacy. Very Private! Wander off from vehicle, 100 yards, kick a hole in the turf among wild flowers and squat. My head is clearing the wild flowers and as I gaze about a female moose exits the bush and does a double take at the human head floating above the flowers.
Here she comes, a good 700 lbs of ground shaking beast. All I can do is keep hold of the dangling jewels as nature takes it course. Can't out run her so stay in place. She stops short of 25 yards, flares her nostrils and turns away. Stops, looks back and then disappears into the brush.

Must have smelt like shyt!! In her opinion. Lucky to be here.

Whale-ista - 12-27-2017 at 02:25 PM

A good $20 investment for Baja and beyond.

http://bit.ly/FiveGallonLoo

BornFisher - 12-28-2017 at 09:32 PM

Well I`m happier than a scorpion in an L.A. Bay poop house!! The little store next to me (K-38 south of Rosarito Beach), not only has a great selection of beer and booze, it has Kirtland toilet paper!!! YAY!!!!!

TMW - 12-29-2017 at 01:43 PM

Toilet paper, who need that, a softened corn cob does the trick. Just wash it clean after use and it's ready for the next time.

DavidT - 12-29-2017 at 02:07 PM

Take a little wild out of the wilderness

Run a line from your windshield washer pump and save on tp too.

bajagrouper - 12-29-2017 at 03:06 PM

" and he really needed the banjos.""

so your the guy that chit on my banjo!!!!!!!

willardguy - 12-29-2017 at 03:06 PM

im wondering if this would work on a bezzell post? :?:

bajagrouper - 12-29-2017 at 04:29 PM

https://www.latinlife.com/media/CACHE/images/hero/trump-toil...

cansea6 - 12-29-2017 at 05:03 PM

A real Baja Nomad trooper would just use a little rock!

bajabuddha - 12-29-2017 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cansea6  
A real Baja Nomad trooper would just use a little rock!

... and a few, a BEEEG JUAN ! :lol: