BajaNomad

Stargazer App.....GET ONE!! <;~}

micah202 - 1-27-2018 at 06:50 AM

...downloaded a stargazer app a couple of days ago.... phenomenal!!!
Its amazing to see and name all the planets, stars, constellations, greet them by name as they float by!

....and get ready for the Jan 30 blue a full moon ion eclipse! <;~]

woody with a view - 1-27-2018 at 07:47 AM

StarChart

micah202 - 1-27-2018 at 08:00 AM

I'm sure there's many good ones,,certainly 'sky map' seems good . Works offline once loaded.

...a handy hint,,, the App relies on internal compass of a tablet,,, calibrating the compass is important,, the app will tell you if you need to. I was having great difficulty until I removed the ...--magnetic-- cover on my tablet!! <;~D

redhilltown - 1-31-2018 at 05:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by micah202  
I'm sure there's many good ones,,certainly 'sky map' seems good . Works offline once loaded.

...a handy hint,,, the App relies on internal compass of a tablet,,, calibrating the compass is important,, the app will tell you if you need to. I was having great difficulty until I removed the ...--magnetic-- cover on my tablet!! <;~D

Now THAT is funny! Well...I mean...not at the time of course...but now...kind of... :biggrin:

Paco Facullo - 1-31-2018 at 06:50 PM

In my neck of the woods ( So. Ca. ) the blue moon is tonight the 31st.

Then once again in two months on March 31 st.

I believe that I'll play "Dark Star" from 8/27/72 Veneta, OR.

8knots - 2-1-2018 at 07:56 AM

Infamous Dead concert! Were you there?

micah202 - 2-1-2018 at 09:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
Quote: Originally posted by micah202  

Now THAT is funny! Well...I mean...not at the time of course...but now...kind of... :biggrin:

...what's not funny in Baja, under the starry sky,, a good 'compadre' in my cup,,and I laugh at anything!! ...even this rain and the return of my arthriticy body aches! Almost <;~l

Paco Facullo - 2-1-2018 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 8knots  
Infamous Dead concert! Were you there?
Wish I was , instead I was doing my time in Nam.

But a friend had bootleg live show recordings on cassettes that we would most enjoy in the lonely hours.