BajaNomad

Parker 425

chuckie - 2-2-2018 at 09:40 AM

I spent most of yesterday with some OLD racing cronies up in Parker, wandering the pits...aside from the usual "back in the day" chatter, lots of discussion about changes in technology in the vehicles, suspension and cabin comfort in particular..and of course the cost! Sometime back in that foggy past, we built a Chevy S10 for a special class ? We got the new truck for free, and ended up with about 65K in mods..Then, that seemed like all the money in the world! Today, woudnt cover tires and beer...Much time spent in discussion of Joint replacements (ours), pacemakers, stents, and the difficulty of getting VA health care...A GRAND day, Machaca and Huevos at Rupestos..
AND, Later in the day, a lifted glass or two to those absent racers who have gone on to the next event..
Stay well, all

TMW - 2-2-2018 at 09:49 AM

As Sal Fish always said "if you want to become a millionaire in off road racing start with two million".

Thank you Chuckie for the reminder!

David K - 2-2-2018 at 09:54 AM

The Parker 400 was once a Score race and I used to run a pit there back 35-40 years ago! It was the NORRA Parker Dam 500 before SCORE.

Now, it is the Best in the Desert Parker 425. My step-son is there as crew mechanic/tech advisor for Mattox Racing Team in their brand new Trophy Truck.

Race Day is tomorrow, Saturday.

Here is the web page: http://bitd.com/

Race Course Map: http://bitd.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018-Re...

Mattox #9.jpg - 125kB

willardguy - 2-2-2018 at 12:41 PM

Jason Voss was going for it in qualifying!

StuckSucks - 2-2-2018 at 04:04 PM

Here's the 1989 Parker 400 on YouTube when the race started in California and ended in Arizona. Back when I uploaded these, the maximum length was 10 minutes, so I had to bust up the hour. You get to see lots of the good guys, e.g. Manny Esquerra, Dave Shoppe, Jack Johnson, Danny Letner, Rod Hall, a 19-year-old Robby Gordon (whining as usual), Roger Mears, etc.

chuckie - 2-2-2018 at 04:36 PM

jajaja I was there for that one too...Great days

David K - 2-2-2018 at 07:45 PM

One lap in California and two in Arizona. Then the *!#%×@☆♤◇♧<>~ Ca state representatives ended that unique dual state event.

BajaTed - 2-2-2018 at 07:49 PM

Chuckie,
The re-opening of Foxes on the river is this Sunday in Parker also.