BajaNomad

About 1,000 Gray whales in Laguna Ojo de Liebre...Whale Report

shari - 2-4-2018 at 12:26 PM

There are hundreds of those adorable baby whales that look like gray pickles in the inner lagoon. I spent the last 3 days in this magical place. The sunset the first night there was EPIC! and sunrise was pretty amazing as well.

The weather was hot and flat calm...perfect for the whale mothers to begin to introduce their calves to us.

I couldnt reach the baby so I rubbed it with my gopro which they get to like as the season goes on!

Mom got some lovin too but mostly she was gently nudging her baby up to us.

We had several friendly encounters and really enjoyed seeing the wee ones resting on their mother's back which is my favorite behavior this time of the season.

we were definitely in whale soup!

There were about a dozen whales way up the canal where I was camped so I spent hours watching the newborns playing with their moms.

I still have a few dates with some seats left if anyone wants to join me for some whale magic!

[Edited on 2-4-2018 by shari]

Paco Facullo - 2-4-2018 at 01:15 PM

Beautiful photos Shari !

And what are the dates of those open spots ?
Also cost ?
Is there a website you have ?

jbcoug - 2-4-2018 at 01:21 PM

Just another day on the job for Shari!

shari - 2-4-2018 at 01:40 PM

people always tell me I have the world's best job and they're RIGHT!

please email me at sharibondy@gmail.com for open dates as it changes every day as trips fill up and it depends on if you want to stay at our new remote Whale Camp or stay in a hotel or camp at the ejido campground and how many days etc. More info on www.whalemagictours.com

I have a special date in mind for you Paco with some super cool folks!

BajaRat - 2-5-2018 at 04:47 PM

We love little grey pickles....
Stuck in preps for this wildfire season, have a wonderful Bday at the lagoon !

Meany - 2-5-2018 at 05:00 PM

Hola Shari. A little off the whaling subject. But do you have a phone for campo renee?? this is steve shaw in Chivato. and I'm try to get ahold of them. want to go there for three days next week. If you have it it would be a great help. Thanks