BajaNomad

Best storage North of Border?

fishbuck - 2-16-2018 at 12:44 PM

Still trying to figure out where to keep 1 storage unit's (10x10) of stuff.
I want to drop everything before I head south so I can travel fast and light. I'll retrieve my stuff after I figure out where to live.
Mostly fishing gear and motorcycle stuff that I plan to use later after I settle in.
Best storage near border. Best gate to use (San Y, Otay etc.)
Are there any safe reliable storage units in Tijuana, Ensenada, or San Quintin?

woody with a view - 2-16-2018 at 03:17 PM

most places offer first month free. pay for the second month and VIOLA.

fishbuck - 2-16-2018 at 03:24 PM

That's what I'm seeing. Sorta gives you a little 2 month deadline to figure it out.
I should know what to do by then.
I'm guessing somewhere near Otay is best.
What's up with Tecate? Anything north of border there.
Never been yet but maybe should start using the back door in and out now.

woody with a view - 2-16-2018 at 04:13 PM

just get into Baja time, slow down and enjoy the little towns as you pass through. I'm so tired of getting all aggro trying to pass people that it's nice to actually see the storefronts as you pass. what's the hurry? i'd go thru Otay and B2000. TKT is way out of the way and there is nothing close to it as far as storage goes.

paranewbi - 2-16-2018 at 04:24 PM

Used Public Storage on 2317 Main st. Chula Vista. Easy access, digital entrance access, wide interior roads. Good experience.

Just off the I-5 about 10 minutes up north of Dairy Mart Rd. (nearest US street to border at TJ.

A few minutes north of the 905 (Otay Freeway/crossing).

See on Googlemaps

Udo - 2-16-2018 at 04:27 PM

If you are still looking for a convenient storage location; on your way into Mexico through the Otay Mesa entrance, there are about 4 or 5 storage lockers places right off of the Siempre Vive road exit. Easy on and off.

BajaTed - 2-16-2018 at 08:03 PM

The Otay Mesa area has lots of storage unit outfits

fishbuck - 2-17-2018 at 03:16 AM

Ok. I'm on it.

Udo - 2-17-2018 at 09:16 AM

Shop around FB. The prices vary greatly between lockers, AND their prices are somewhat negotiable.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
The Otay Mesa area has lots of storage unit outfits