BajaNomad

Baja Country Club lookin as good as it can get

lizard lips - 3-4-2005 at 06:27 PM

The owners of Baja Country Club, South of Ensenada are spending alot of cash on the course and are getting ready to open sales for lots this Spring. Playing there tomorrow with my Son.;)

Sharksbaja - 3-4-2005 at 07:31 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I saw the same kind of action out near Punta Chivato....these Euronuts were out there with beet-red skin scratchin' their heads when I went by and a huge cloud of dust engulfed them.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
now, that's my kind of fun!

bajablue - 8-9-2005 at 06:45 PM

Lizard, can you give me a review of the coarse after you play it? I drove up there a year ago and the fair ways were brown so we didn't play. Woiuld love to hear if has gotten any better..
Gracias..

lizard lips - 10-7-2005 at 10:22 PM

Bajablue,
The Baja Country is getting better every day. The greens are excellent and hold very nicely, the fairways are great and now because they bought new mowers they keep the rough down so at least you can find your ball.
They are also building a small hotel on top of the clubhouse which should be open by christmas. Alot of money has been put into the course for maintence. It really is a pleasure to play there once again. No lack of water which was one of the problems in the past. If you look in the gringo gazzette for Baja Norte there is a discount coupon for $27.50 instead of the $45.00. Come down and play. I think you will like it especially when there will be no one in front and behind you!

bajablue - 10-8-2005 at 05:14 PM

Lizard,
thanks for the info and I just got your u2u. No worries, I know we are all busy.. Anyways, I ended up making the trip to play the course a few weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised. The place has a ton of potential and I would play it any time.. Not to mention the fact that I maybe saw 6 other people out there. I couldn't believe the money they put into the clubhouse and yes, the hotel looks like it will be a nice place to stay for the weekend. Thanks again and maybe we will cross paths out there one day..

elgatoloco - 10-8-2005 at 11:29 PM

Thanks for the update LL. We have not played there in years. I always got the impression that they spent months designing and building the first nine, then did the second nine in about a day. We will go check it out soon!

lizard lips - 10-10-2005 at 09:17 PM

Elgatoloco, The back nine had a lot of problems from the start. The architect, Enrique Valenzuela and the owner never saw eye to eye. The owner thought he was spending too much money and Enrique was'nt getting what he wanted (his love) so they butted heads every time they met. When the back nine opened (about a year after the front) the fairways were rock hard and did'nt have the touch that the front nine did. It was like playing two different courses and nobody liked it. 10 through 18 now has its own personality and I enjoy it. Enrique is a friend of mine. He worked for several good architects and now is almost finished with a fine course just outside of the city of Zacatecas. He also re-did the course at Las Hadas. I saw him last month and he took me around the course. There are a few holes similar to the Baja Country Club. I was the sales manager at the Baja Country for the first year they opened.If you ever come down to play please u2u me and I"ll join you.....

elgatoloco - 10-10-2005 at 09:32 PM

Se?or lizard lips

I look forward to the oppurtunity. Will be in touch!