BajaNomad

Last Trip to Mulege.

BajaBill74 - 8-10-2018 at 01:02 PM

I've been posting this every year for the last four years because of declining ability to walk. With a cane walking is marginal, but doable.

I stay at Mulege Inn because of good air conditioning and secure parking.

Last year the "hot" water was marginal. Does anyone know if it's been fixed?

Every day is spent at Coco's beach reading my Kindle, sipping Bud Light, and taking dips in the bay.

I've always been intrigued with the caves on the hill by Hwy 1 but not even close to being able to climb it. This year I'm bringing a drone.

David K - 8-10-2018 at 02:10 PM

There are petroglyphs on the rocks near El Coyote. Here is a photo from an Erle Stanley Gardner expedition in 1966... That is Capt. Muñoz who operated the first passenger flights into Mulegé. He even constructed a huge landing field in the valley just northwest of town.

I read that J.W. Black found a skull in one of the caves that you may be thinking of.

Surely, you meant to say Tecate Lite and not Bud Lite??? ;)

bkbend - 8-10-2018 at 04:35 PM

My son and I hiked up to those caves about 15 years ago while camped at Los Coco and didn't find any human signs or artifacts. They do look like something should be living there besides the furry critter nests and bird droppings.

bajabuddha - 8-10-2018 at 05:24 PM

bill, if you've never done it yet, try going down just passed Requeson and do your day thing at La Perla *caviat, I wouldn't trust your stuff unlocked there) but the little tiny cove is a classic for swimming and snorkeling. Also no jake-breaking sounds and less crowds for privacy. Give the lady (Rosa) whatever she wants for day-use, great views and incredible vibes. Also Marco and Olivia a half mile away at Buenaventura for burgers, ambiance, and cold beer. Remember tho, La Perla is a place to keep eyes on your stuff.

Or, if you wanna have a little company, Marc's is also a good day-spot. Both places don't have the skeeters like the swamp behind Coco's. The only good thing about that place is they all speak Canadiences.

[Edited on 8-11-2018 by bajabuddha]

BajaBill74 - 8-10-2018 at 05:48 PM

bajabuddha, where is Marc's?

David K - 8-10-2018 at 06:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
bajabuddha, where is Marc's?

Until Buddah gets back to you:
Mark, Olivia, and Nathan are your hosts at Playa Buenaventura, Km. 93+ (just north of El Requesón, Km. 92).

https://www.facebook.com/PlayaBuenaventura/

bajabuddha - 8-10-2018 at 09:16 PM

yup

Bill, you been going to Mulege how long and haven't been to Buenaventura YET??

C'mon, man! :coolup:

David K - 8-10-2018 at 09:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
yup

Bill, you been going to Mulege how long and haven't been to Buenaventura YET??

C'mon, man! :coolup:

There is no life south of the Serenidad Pig Roast, maybe? :lol::cool:

BajaBill74 - 8-11-2018 at 08:09 AM

Actually, I stayed at Buenaventura about 8 years ago. (That's just a guess) The restaurant was closed.

BigBearRider - 8-12-2018 at 02:18 AM

I hope it’s not your last trip to Mulege.