BajaNomad

Surfer rides highest wave ever recorded

LancairDriver - 8-15-2018 at 06:54 PM

When I first saw this headline I thought it must have been a Nomad Surfer either at Shari’s place or at the secret spot. However, unfortunately that was not the case.

https://clashdaily.com/2018/08/watch-bro-breaks-work-record-...

woody with a view - 8-15-2018 at 06:59 PM

Incredibly large balls made of stainless steel! Someone is going to die one day, but aren’t we all?

Paco Facullo - 8-15-2018 at 07:03 PM

KowaBunga Dude !!!!!

willardguy - 8-15-2018 at 07:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
When I first saw this headline I thought it must have been a Nomad Surfer either at Shari’s place or at the secret spot. However, unfortunately that was not the case.

https://clashdaily.com/2018/08/watch-bro-breaks-work-record-...

pshaw....a nomad charger would have paddled into that beast!:cool:

mtgoat666 - 8-15-2018 at 07:37 PM

How do they measure these waves? Who says the wave was tallest ever? I suspect the wave measurement was “eye-balled” and is as precise and accurate as David k’s measurement of sea levels from snapshots of palm trees he found on the Facebook :biggrin:

[Edited on 8-16-2018 by mtgoat666]

woody with a view - 8-15-2018 at 07:39 PM

Willard,

Savvy?

willardguy - 8-15-2018 at 07:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Willard,

Savvy?

oh yeah! :lol:

Skipjack Joe - 8-15-2018 at 08:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Incredibly large balls made of stainless steel!

That's why they named him Koxa.

elgatoloco - 8-15-2018 at 09:56 PM

The same day this happened.

https://youtu.be/zftbikBTmP8

:o

SFandH - 8-16-2018 at 01:36 AM

Surfing the 100ft swell at Nazare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkMWoHjnaRw

ehall - 8-16-2018 at 06:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
How do they measure these waves? Who says the wave was tallest ever? I suspect the wave measurement was “eye-balled” and is as precise and accurate as David k’s measurement of sea levels from snapshots of palm trees he found on the Facebook :biggrin:

Cheap shot but pretty funny .

David K - 10-18-2018 at 10:26 AM

Not palm trees... but this was on Facebook! LOL

Sea Level.jpg - 51kB

Geo_Skip - 10-18-2018 at 12:14 PM

DK drivel

caj13 - 11-3-2019 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Not palm trees... but this was on Facebook! LOL

Take a really close look at those photos David. what do you see? obviously the facade has been altered, but look closer.

see the "base of the tower - heavier rock kind of making a shelf? see that David? its quite obvious and prominent and extending above the water line on the old photo. Ok so now look at that on the new photo, that "shoulder". it's almost under water, - IE sea level rise.

David, I appreciate your disproving the very point you are trying to make!

[Edited on 11-3-2019 by caj13]

Palm Tree Logic ?

MrBillM - 11-3-2019 at 03:39 PM

Like the idiotic Palm Tree photo comparison, the two Sydney pics are absolutely meaningless in the sea level rise debate.

However, if one could know that the person responsible for the Facebook posting actually believed that they were proof ................ that would prove that HE was pretty dumb.

Paco Facullo - 11-3-2019 at 04:59 PM

Simply the time each photo was taken would make it completely bogus.... low tide vs high tide and such ....

caj13 - 11-3-2019 at 06:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Simply the time each photo was taken would make it completely bogus.... low tide vs high tide and such ....

Nope - Not true! David has already declared numerous times that the time and tides did not matter for his palm tree photos, and he posted these to prove the same point - how dare you contradict the great and almighty David and his Iron Clad palm tree-

since the time, tide etc don't matter on the palm tree photos - how could it matter on these?

[Edited on 11-4-2019 by caj13]

David K - 11-3-2019 at 06:13 PM

You can see where the water reaches at high tide, even if the tide is out. The palm tree and countless other reference points, worldwide, simply show where high tide usually goes.

The palm tree is at the top of the beach slope, and if you knew beaches, you would know that they go from slope to level at the top of the typical highest tides of the month.

caj13 - 11-3-2019 at 06:16 PM

You can see where the water reaches at high tide, even if the tide is out. The palm tree and countless other reference points, worldwide, simply show where high tide usually goes.

The palm tree is at the top of the beach slope, and if you knew beaches, you would know that they go from slope to level at the top of the typical highest tides of the month.

Nope David - if the tide doesn't matter for the Palm, it shouldn't matter for these! You can't have it both ways David!

Flip flop, twist and turn - hold yourself accountable David - when you post one of your Facts" stand behind it. and why are those palms dying David? couldn't be salt water intrusion - could it?

Paco Facullo - 11-3-2019 at 07:28 PM

I've had an ingrown hair on my left nut that for decades now, the bath water has always came to within 1/2" of it .
But in the last two years the bath water is now touching the ingrown hair, thus proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Global worming IS happening !!!!!

As a side note, the ingrown hair is quite happy ...........

caj13 - 11-3-2019 at 07:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
I've had an ingrown hair on my left nut that for decades now, the bath water has always came to within 1/2" of it .
But in the last two years the bath water is now touching the ingrown hair, thus proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Global worming IS happening !!!!!

As a side note, the ingrown hair is quite happy ...........

wow, thank you for that incredibly enlightening addition to this discussion. But to confirm your data, you need to post photos with a measurement scale. I wouldn't want you to be making unsubstantiated claims -
after all, that's Davids's personal realm here, I think your need written permission from him to spout obviously false drivel and proclaim it to be science on this forum!

mtgoat666 - 11-3-2019 at 07:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Surfer rides highest wave ever recorded

...and if you knew beaches, you would know that... i am full of chit

David K don't surf! So why the flock is he posting in a thread about surfing?

To listen to DK talk about his quack palm tree science again,... the horror, the horror!