BajaNomad

Bad hair day for this baby scorpion

BajaBlanca - 8-20-2018 at 01:41 PM

Yesterday as Les and I were just getting home, he pointed to a lizard and commented: it has a scorpion in its mouth! The scorpion was still wiggling and this lizard scampered so fast it was all I could do to snap snap snap!

It is right to the left of the clay pot on the left.

rsz_111.jpg - 150kB

It was in a hurry to get somewhere and just ran across from one end of the porch to the other:

rsz_222.jpg - 204kB

rsz_333.jpg - 206kB

I never saw a lizard jump and I never thought a lizard could jump but this one jumped from one level of my corner garden to the one above and so on until it went over the wall!

rsz_444.jpg - 161kB

Here it is in the sand - it really blends in so well that I had to really look to find it.

rsz_555.jpg - 161kB

And I left it there next to the other garden wall...smack dab in the middle, on the bottom.

rsz_6.jpg - 185kB

Never a dull moment here in La Bocana.

bajabuddha - 8-20-2018 at 04:43 PM

Tew Kewl, Blanca! Baby dinosaurs are too much fun sometimes; once watched a lizard with a grasshopper in its' mouth smack it against the big limb he was standing on to break it into smaller swallowable pieces. Also saw a male collared lizard swallow a smaller blue racer head-first....

Ain't nature fun sometimes?? !!

ehall - 8-21-2018 at 06:51 AM

Much rather have lizards than scorpions around the house.

bajamary1952 - 8-21-2018 at 10:27 AM

On thing I found will keep out scorpions & other vermin is BORAX powder. Never found it in Mexico but always bring a couple of boxes when I return from the U.S.

Marc - 8-21-2018 at 02:11 PM

Nature is just a big lunch.;)