BajaNomad

Camped at Coyotes

bajatrailrider - 9-16-2018 at 09:00 AM

Hooked up the camp trailer got to El Coyotes Fri afternoon. Have water hook up shade trees. The lady happy riding also riding with Mike that lives up here. I'm thinking leave camp trailer up here for few months. Makes easy return no hauling back to house. Will depart for home on Monday try to post pictures on this pain to post picture site. Good day to all;)

David K - 9-16-2018 at 09:07 AM

Great!!!

4x4abc - 9-16-2018 at 09:41 AM

where is Los Coyotes?

David K - 9-16-2018 at 09:46 AM

Rancho El Coyote, midway between Rancho Meling and Mike's Sky Rancho. North of Km. 49, observatory highway:

ehall - 9-16-2018 at 10:11 AM

Hows the weather around there this time of year? we had 109 deg yesterday.

Ken Cooke - 9-16-2018 at 10:36 AM

That sounds like a fun weekend. Downsize your photo images and just attach them for ease in uploading.

David K - 9-16-2018 at 12:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
That sounds like a fun weekend. Downsize your photo images and just attach them for ease in uploading.

Larry (and others) USE THIS: https://postimages.org/
There are two drop-down menus. The top one is to set photo post size, PICK 800x600 (or the next smaller, if you don't want a full page photo)!

If you don't resize, the photo may be BIGGER than Nomad (which is 800 pixels wide) causing page distortion for many viewers. The quality remains high.

Use the link "Hotlinks for FORUMS" provided after uploading the photo from your PC to the PostImages site. You can just click on the button to the right of that link, then paste onto Nomad, where you are typing your message here.

Here is a random sample, it was a photo I took from my phone last year:

La Bufadora

AKgringo - 9-16-2018 at 12:57 PM

Not to get too far "off topic", but I recognize that view DK posted. It is looking south from Juan and Shari's place in Bahia Asuncion!

[Edited on 9-16-2018 by AKgringo]

David K - 9-16-2018 at 02:46 PM

:light:

Ken Cooke - 9-16-2018 at 09:37 PM

Larry, I figured out that to upload images to this site, I take screenshots of my original images, edit them down to 1600x1600 and they're in. It's so simple. I don't even waste my time on imgur or worry about paying some image host site my money. Your photos won't look the exact same as if they are uploaded to one of the hosting sites, but no problema.

Here's a sample image

IMG_20180916_213648.jpg - 47kB

DouglasP - 9-17-2018 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Will depart for home on Monday try to post pictures on this pain to post picture site. Good day to all;)

Hey BT, easiest way I have found for me to resize pictues is to go to my library and right click on the pictues I am going to post, pick the send to option and pick email recipient. It will give you options for resizing at that point. Then go to the email you just created and drag the attachments to your desktop, then use those to post. Slight PITA, but it works. Samples below from a 10 day road trip earlier this year with my wife, a friend and myself, just because!

Night before departure just outside Julian, Ca.
IMG_0622.jpg - 84kB
Obligatory S.F. picture
IMG_0632.jpg - 59kB
Obligatory BoLA picture
IMG_0639.jpg - 64kB
Trip out to San Sabastian cove, wife did awesome on the big bike!
P4140102.jpg - 127kB
Sunrise BoLA Los Vientos hotel
IMG_0646.jpg - 46kB

PaulW - 9-17-2018 at 10:28 AM

Nice pics
Change the resolution on your camera or phone then drectly load onto the forum. No resize required.

David K - 9-17-2018 at 10:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Larry, I figured out that to upload images to this site, I take screenshots of my original images, edit them down to 1600x1600 and they're in. It's so simple. I don't even waste my time on imgur or worry about paying some image host site my money. Your photos won't look the exact same as if they are uploaded to one of the hosting sites, but no problema.

Less work, and it is FREE: USE THIS: https://postimages.org/

There are two drop-down menus. The top one is to set photo post size, PICK 800x600 (or the next smaller, if you don't want a full page photo)!

Use the link "Hotlinks for FORUMS" provided after uploading the photo from your PC to the PostImages site. You can just click on the button to the right of that link, then paste onto Nomad, where you are typing your message here.

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 12:04 PM

Just returned from El coyotes. Had such a good time I left the trailer up there. Plan to return next Friday or Saturday. Have all the pictures on my cl phone . Do I have to transfer to my lap top. Or can I post from CL phone.

JZ - 9-17-2018 at 12:46 PM

Don't listen to the ppl saying to resize the pics and upload them directly here. That's a hack and requires extra work and alters your photos permanently.

Host to a site, then link here. Use IMG=800x if you want to make them smaller.

JZ - 9-17-2018 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
No, it doesn't.
Doug has been resizing your pics here for a long time and you finally began to add the '800' max to the tab to relieve him. The pixel width does not change the quality, but the file size (kbs) does.

Don't question me on photography Sun Boy. Stick to map making.

Read what I wrote more closely. If they reduce the size of the file (<250K) to upload it directly to the site they are reducing the resolution/quality of the photo. It's permanent unless they are saving off a copy, which is a complete mess to do. So, yes, it does.

Uploading the original to a 3rd party site and then using IMG=800x doesn't alter the file, just changes the resolution that gets displayed here.

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 02:33 PM

Ok thank you all tonight I will try all options.

JZ - 9-17-2018 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

JZ boy, you are agreeing with me and don't know it. There is NO NEED to reduce file size if you use a hosting site for your photos and post the IMG link here... You are only asked by the host of this site to not stretch the frame width so size the width to 800 pixels or less, which you often do not do (as in the aerial photo of your clear water beach in the San Felipe thread... a photo taken nowhere near San Felipe).

No kidding. I realized that from your first post on the topic. I almost typed it at the time, giving your credit for being correct. I was talking about the ppl arguing for re-sizing the pics on their computers. That's why I said to read my post more carefully.

[Edited on 9-18-2018 by JZ]

JZ - 9-17-2018 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Ok, I want to see if it works for me? I host my stuff on smug mug but never tried posting......

:o:o:o

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 08:35 PM

First try

down from forest.jpg - 177kB

JZ - 9-17-2018 at 08:42 PM

First try

Very, very nice. Where is that?

[Edited on 9-18-2018 by JZ]

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 08:47 PM

JZ let me keep going then I will tell you ,that's where I'm taking you. I cheated on first picture. It posted without anything the rest are not posting. Give me little time

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 08:55 PM

keeps going.jpg - 192kB

keeps going.jpg - 192kB

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 08:57 PM

from the top.jpg - 179kB

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 09:04 PM

This is a new road built to carry water line from dam up in forest. To a rancho over 18 miles away. They have been working on this project 4 years now. Please David if you have a map of this place don't show it. As this route is gated and locked both ends. I have a key don't want my gold card canceled. The road is just below park entrance.

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 09:14 PM

I tried to use post images they gave me a 12 letter pass word that wont work. That site is more of a pain then loading my bikes. I will try another way.

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 09:22 PM

water hole.jpg - 226kB

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 09:24 PM

nice swim anybody
lots of water.jpg - 248kB

bajatrailrider - 9-17-2018 at 09:32 PM

So all pictures posted. Where emailed from my Cl phone to lap top. The next 3 pictures exceed size allowed. So experts why did these post and the others did not. Since all where from cl phone I do understand too large but all from same device.

DouglasP - 9-18-2018 at 06:28 AM

Nice pics! Are you blessing or cursing your scoot where you are standing above it, lol?

As far as the non posting pics go, it sounds like you gave up on the hosting option and went to emailing them and then posting, yes? On my device it gives me multiple size choices, perhaps you picked the wrong size on those pics before emailing?
Was it sweltering or bearable?

David K - 9-18-2018 at 07:47 AM

I tried to use post images they gave me a 12 letter pass word that wont work. That site is more of a pain then loading my bikes. I will try another way.

Weird... I don't know why you are getting anything but a place to upload photos from your PC and set them to 800 pixels or another size? There is no registering, buying, just ignore other stuff... I have never had a password. Wish I was back at your casa to dial it in for you Larry.

This is what I get and is all you need to add a photo link, sized for Nomad:

PostImages-1.jpg - 89kB

Click on Choose images, and select photos off your PC.

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 08:09 AM

Thanks Douglas it was not hot due to a little wind and we where up high in altitude. I was jumping for joy as my one off custom bike works so good. I'm hoping jz makes it here soon to do this ride. Or anybody else on a bike maybe ok on a sxs also. Even that I have key I get permission first. I think would be good on capable 4x4 also. My friend has a nice cabin up there for rent. As far as me sizing pictures I did none. I just took all pictures on CL phone no down size
Then email to my lap top direct to nomad . Half worked other half error code on nomad. I will try more also try David's way.

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 08:09 AM

Thanks Douglas it was not hot due to a little wind and we where up high in altitude. I was jumping for joy as my one off custom bike works so good. I'm hoping jz makes it here soon to do this ride. Or anybody else on a bike maybe ok on a sxs also. Even that I have key I get permission first. I think would be good on capable 4x4 also. My friend has a nice cabin up there for rent. As far as me sizing pictures I did none. I just took all pictures on CL phone no down size
Then email to my lap top direct to nomad . Half worked other half error code on nomad. I will try more also try David's way.

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 08:14 AM

Sorry on double post . David thanks for help once I learn this it will be easy. Right now not working.

shari - 9-18-2018 at 08:22 AM

great highjack....so this is an experiment using the right click on image, email hack..not too bad and easier than IMGUR....learn somethin new every day! Usually my eyes gloss over and I dont read all the blah blah photo posting stuff but glad I stuck it out and read this one!

DSCN8922.jpg - 67kB

DouglasP - 9-18-2018 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
great highjack....so this is an experiment using the right click on image, email hack..not too bad and easier than IMGUR....learn somethin new every day! Usually my eyes gloss over and I dont read all the blah blah photo posting stuff but glad I stuck it out and read this one!

Glad I could help! Prolly not the most techy way to do it, but it works for this guy! ;D

DouglasP - 9-18-2018 at 09:11 AM

Looks like you put some USD forks on an XR, am I right?
I'm a moto guy too. Actually it's where my heart is. Still trying to decide what bikes to bring down to populate the garage in Punta Chivato with. :yes:

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 01:38 PM

If you come my way Douglas north Baja. Bring a real dirt bike as very hard to ride heavy dual sport. I know most all trails and abandon two track in this area. The I have wr450s but my crf230f works so much better. There no good stock but do have e start and six speed. I will do another post with some of the mods.

ehall - 9-18-2018 at 01:51 PM

If you come my way Douglas north Baja. Bring a real dirt bike as very hard to ride heavy dual sport. I know most all trails and abandon two track in this area. The I have wr450s but my crf230f works so much better. There no good stock but do have e start and six speed. I will do another post with some of the mods.

Larry's bike works great. My poor 450 can barely keep up on the top end. If you get a chance ride with him. He has got hundreds of miles of trails. I look forward to my next ride with him.

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 02:06 PM

The only parts left stock on the bike some of the frame. Motor is bore and stroked 272cc big valves head ported. Two stroke carb. Cr two stroke forks. Fox rear shock front and rear 11in travel. Rear brake conversation to disk brake. Swing arm 1.6 in longer with cheater tire. Big tank big Baja seat for comfort. Pro com power box. I use street bike gearing so it could top at 80mph. Yet it has hill climbed anything I have tried , has out climbed my 450f. I no longer ride fast but like comfort. Too many more mods to list. Why would I just not ride the 450. Heavy too long too much power wrong place and poor mpgs. The little bike over 50 mpg so less fuel to Carry.

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 02:28 PM

The only parts left stock on the bike some of the frame. Motor is bore and stroked 272cc big valves head ported. Two stroke carb. Cr two stroke forks. Fox rear shock front and rear 11in travel. Rear brake conversation to disk brake. Swing arm 1.6 in longer with cheater tire. Big tank big Baja seat for comfort. Pro com power box. I use street bike gearing so it could top at 80mph. Yet it has hill climbed anything I have tried , has out climbed my 450f. I no longer ride fast but like comfort. Too many more mods to list. Why would I just not ride the 450. Heavy too long too much power wrong place and poor mpgs. The little bike over 50 mpg so less fuel to Carry.

DouglasP - 9-18-2018 at 05:44 PM

Wow, that sounds like a hell of a project. Sounds like the right tool, also.
I have a KTM 450 XC-W for my "real" dirt bike. Little heavy for the single track stuff, but certainly better suited than the giant Ducati!

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 06:42 PM

Ktm 450 great all around bike works well on single track as does my 450. At my age little easier to climb on the little bike. Joint us anytime we love exploring abandoned routes.

advrider - 9-18-2018 at 08:37 PM

Any more info on the cabin rental? Would love to hookup and ride that area...

bajatrailrider - 9-18-2018 at 11:04 PM

Name the time to ride I have picture of the cabin. I will find it my plan is go up to coyotes this Friday again.

Skipjack Joe - 9-19-2018 at 05:06 PM

Bajatrailwalker,

Click on your image, water_hole.jpg, and compare it to what you are seeing before that. Notice the difference in quality?

That's because you uploaded an image that was 1080X1440 and nomads reduced it to 600X800. Nomads compressed your image and blurred it. If you want the image you post to look as good as the one you uploaded then you should reduce it to 600X800 before uploading to Nomads. That way you see the exact same image you uploaded.

That's true of all of your images. Click on any of them and you will see the difference.

bajatrailrider - 9-19-2018 at 05:12 PM

So ture but having a battle to do it. With cl phone should get help soon thank you

bajatrailrider - 9-21-2018 at 07:57 AM

Ok guys where off to coyotes this morn again. Should be able to get help from buddy up there to post new pictures .