BajaNomad

Include Baja California Sur in your winter plans.

weebray - 10-6-2018 at 08:58 AM

To all of you beautiful people North of the border. This is the year you may want to seriously consider Baja California Sur. The state was gifted by Rosa with two days of soft constant rain. This is a once in a decade event. Normally we get our rain in a deluge. The ground is so dry it's actually waterproof and the rains cause more damage than good. Not so this year. I recommend you go to Hawaii another year and visit BCS starting now. You are going to see a once in a lifetime explosion of flora and fauna.

pauldavidmena - 10-6-2018 at 09:02 AM

I'm hoping that El Pescadero will still be green when we visit in February.

4x4abc - 10-6-2018 at 12:02 PM

please DON'T visit Baja Sur. Nothing to see. Nothing to do.

JZ - 10-6-2018 at 05:29 PM

We are planning 3 trips in November and December.

Looking forward to it.

tobias - 10-6-2018 at 05:49 PM

Soon.... soon

David K - 10-6-2018 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

Hey, they might be interested in a La Paz area guest room (or Jeep) rental!!! :light:

AKgringo - 10-6-2018 at 06:08 PM

I will be in La Paz in four or five weeks! I plan on getting some dental work done by Dra Patricia!

I plan on staying at Campestre Maranatha, and look forward to day tripping, and a few short multi-day trips centered on that area.

I will find out when I get to the Canadian border if ten years really deems me "rehabilitated"! They have turned me back the last two time I have tried to pass through the great white north (south for me)!

4x4abc - 10-6-2018 at 06:48 PM

Dra Patricia is a good choice.

Careful with Campestre Maranatha! Several theft reports spread out over the last few years.

You can have my guest house if you like. No charge.

AKgringo - 10-6-2018 at 07:13 PM

Harald, I will definitely plan on visiting you as soon as I make it to La Paz, and will stay in touch via U2U messages as my time table firms up!

I have a large dog (95 lbs now) and she can be a challenge when she gets excited.

charliemanson - 10-6-2018 at 07:29 PM

Just don't come to los barilles. Too many people and they are checking papers and plates

JZ - 10-6-2018 at 07:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I will be in La Paz in four or five weeks! I plan on getting some dental work done by Dra Patricia!

I plan on staying at Campestre Maranatha, and look forward to day tripping, and a few short multi-day trips centered on that area.

I will find out when I get to the Canadian border if ten years really deems me "rehabilitated"! They have turned me back the last two time I have tried to pass through the great white north (south for me)!

DUI?

AKgringo - 10-6-2018 at 07:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

DUI?

I didn't think so, but there is evidence to the contrary! Jan 8, 08 was my last beer, and it was an expensive one!

Edit: Let's not hijack weebray's thread any further. Unless he want's more information, we're done here!

[Edited on 10-7-2018 by AKgringo]

BajaBlanca - 10-7-2018 at 02:16 AM

It will be an awesome year! Here in our neck of the woods, the desert sand turns GREEN with plants that grow. It is truly an exquisite sight to see!

wilderone - 10-11-2018 at 05:04 PM

I just returned from two weeks here and there in BC Sur - very green everywhere! Many cacti blooming, lots of flowers. This is the mirador overlooking San Antonio (So. of El Triunfo).

There was still so much water in the arroyo before reaching El Chorro hotsprings, I had to bypass that destination:

BajaMama - 10-12-2018 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

LOL, too funny! When people ask me if I'm afraid to drive through Mexico (Baja) I always respond, it is horrible, terrible, you should stay home! Then I tell them how fabulous it is!