BajaNomad

SR 11/Otay Mesa East Port of Entry project questionnaire

MexicoTed - 10-16-2018 at 03:55 PM

Saw this on Facebook from CalTrans today.

We need your input!

Caltrans and SANDAG are working together to build the SR 11/Otay Mesa East Port of Entry project - a new border crossing for the San Diego-Baja California region that will enhance regional mobility and bolster economic growth and binational trade.

To help us plan for the future, we have developed a survey that will help us to study the estimated traffic and revenues that will be generated by the SR-11 project. Please complete this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018_Border_Wait_Time_Survey every time you cross the border by car to help us to gather information!

David K - 10-19-2018 at 11:55 AM

Hi Ted,
I hope the survey helps!
I could not answer as it only deals with Tijuana and Otay and I use Tecate only... as the others are just too ridiculous (the few times I have used the others. I was hoping the millions spent that promised to speed up Tijuana would work, but I don't think anything changed? Tecate has been ridiculous, too, but only twice in the past 15 years (3 hrs and 5 hrs). Usually, I drive right up to the gate or only a few minutes wait (midweek) or have no more than a 45 min. line on holidays.

MexicoTed - 10-19-2018 at 06:15 PM

Agreed David, I try to take Tecate too but would be nice to see more traffic moving through more entries anywhere.

mtgoat666 - 10-20-2018 at 07:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hi Ted,
I hope the survey helps!
I could not answer as it only deals with Tijuana and Otay and I use Tecate only... as the others are just too ridiculous (the few times I have used the others. I was hoping the millions spent that promised to speed up Tijuana would work, but I don't think anything changed? Tecate has been ridiculous, too, but only twice in the past 15 years (3 hrs and 5 hrs). Usually, I drive right up to the gate or only a few minutes wait (midweek) or have no more than a 45 min. line on holidays.

Why don’t you have sentri?
With sentri you not need to waste time driving way inland to tecate.