BajaNomad

Looking for a new fishing license

bkbend - 12-30-2018 at 06:16 PM

I'm getting ready to head south and wanting to renew my fishing license for the year. I go to https://www.sportfishingbcs.gob.mx/ where I've gotten them the last several years (but with a different URL) and they only are doing single day licenses. Thinking bloodydecks will have good info I go there and it's confirmed what I found but amongst the griping I picked up some chatter that annual licenses were still available at some places in San Diego. But, I'm not going through San Diego. Does anybody have a clue where I could get a license online and print through some other site? TIA for any info.

imlost - 12-30-2018 at 06:21 PM

I recently came to the same conclusion as you. Never found a good solution. My plan is to keep an eye on that website to see if it changes from single-day to annual.

billklaser - 12-30-2018 at 06:33 PM

I just tried to get my annual renewal in Loreto as I have done for years. Told me they are only issuing 1 day licenses currently. Something going on at the Federal level? They did not no when the issue would be resolved?

willardguy - 12-30-2018 at 06:41 PM

eleven dollars a day...ay carrumba:(

Bubba - 12-31-2018 at 06:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by billklaser  
I just tried to get my annual renewal in Loreto as I have done for years. Told me they are only issuing 1 day licenses currently. Something going on at the Federal level? They did not no when the issue would be resolved?

Damn politicians.

rogbag - 12-31-2018 at 07:51 AM

I got the below response from an email to them requesting help getting a 1 year license.

from FONMAR DEPORTIVA <permisos.fonmar@gmail.com>

Hello

December 1st the Mexican federal government changed leadership based on the July national elections. At this time we are only issuing day licenses while we work through the process with the transition team. We hope to return to business as usual shortly and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Rene Olinger

bkbend - 12-31-2018 at 08:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rogbag  
I got the below response from an email to them requesting help getting a 1 year license.

from FONMAR DEPORTIVA <permisos.fonmar@gmail.com>

Hello

December 1st the Mexican federal government changed leadership based on the July national elections. At this time we are only issuing day licenses while we work through the process with the transition team. We hope to return to business as usual shortly and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Rene Olinger

Thanks, that's somewhat encouraging. My old one is good until the end of January so I'll keep checking. I think I'll also fish as much as possible until then, just in case...

shari - 12-31-2018 at 08:34 AM

This happens every time a government transitions to a new political party. They redesign logos, clear out the swamp and have to make new websites etc and takes months to do it.
I figure it is cause for a good excuse if you are checked that you are waiting for the new site to get a year license. I imagine as part of the change over that the fisheries officers will also be replaced and not functioning as usual.

bkbend - 12-31-2018 at 09:05 AM

Ah, sort of like government operations to the north. Maybe while I'm waiting I'll see if I can reverse-engineer the PDF file for last year's license and adjust the dates. It'll be a fun little project for a windy day.

Phil C - 12-31-2018 at 03:01 PM

Hmm. had the same result today in Loreto. Fished without it. Never been checked in 15 years. but always have one.
Vamos a ver que pasa........

Oh by the way fishing was good for cabrilla and yellowtail......

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by Phil C]

bajarich - 1-2-2019 at 01:55 PM

I just received my annual license from Vagabundos. I ordered my insurance last week and she told me they were out of annual licenses, but then she looked and found three. I don't know if there are any left by now.

Cancamo - 1-2-2019 at 09:07 PM

Renewed my annual a couple months ago in San Jose Viejo at Fonmar office. More information and locations at fonmar.gob.mx/programas.

tunaeater - 1-15-2019 at 11:58 AM

Conapesca in San Diego has annual licenses. They have the option of going in the office open M-F 8-2 or mailing them a form with a SASE. I paid $46.40 and was out in 5 minutes....

Bubba - 1-15-2019 at 12:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tunaeater  
Conapesca in San Diego has annual licenses. They have the option of going in the office open M-F 8-2 or mailing them a form with a SASE. I paid $46.40 and was out in 5 minutes....

Good info, thanks!

Mula - 1-15-2019 at 12:15 PM

https://www.sportfishingbcs.gob.mx/

This site has 1 day ($12.05) and 1 week ($23,62) licenses available at this point. Monthly and Yearly should be available soon.

I bought a 1 day license for a friend last week and it worked fine.

bkbend - 1-16-2019 at 03:24 PM

Thanks, that's encouraging. I've got two more weeks until I need it.

CaboMagic - 1-27-2019 at 09:10 PM

You can purchase them from CONAPESCA in San Diego if you are NOB.

Requires some effort but you save $
Daily $9.25
Weekly $23.20
Monthly $34.80
Annual $46.40
All prices in dlls

http://www.sportfishinginmexico.com/application/