BajaNomad

Fuel availability

Ronsan - 1-15-2019 at 11:23 AM

How is fuel availability down the Baja from Tecate to Guerero Negro?

PaulW - 1-15-2019 at 11:44 AM

No reported shortage in Baja since the fuel comes from California (Alta)

bajamary1952 - 1-15-2019 at 11:45 AM

Absolutely no lines here in Ensenada.

David K - 1-15-2019 at 11:51 AM

Top your tank in San Felipe if using Hwy 5 or El Rosario if using Hwy 1. That will get you to Guerrero Negro.

ReTire - 1-15-2019 at 09:08 PM

Only issue I had was no fuel in Gonzaga Bay (station looked to have been closed down for a while)

BajaTed - 1-16-2019 at 10:04 AM

No pipeline thefts in Baja yet, but how does the complex industrial procedure for performing a "hot tap" on a 500 psi high pressure gasoline distribution pipeline 6 feet underground become common knowledge of everyone on the mainland???
How does this specialized equipment get proliferated across the mainland???
Building complex tunnels and pipeline hot taps is quite a skill set that the cartels have developed.

HeyMulegeScott - 1-16-2019 at 06:33 PM

No fuel shortage but I have a peso shortage after filling up our RV down here.

bajaguy - 1-16-2019 at 07:50 PM

There were taps in the San Miguel area north of Ensenada last year

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
No pipeline thefts in Baja yet, but how does the complex industrial procedure for performing a "hot tap" on a 500 psi high pressure gasoline distribution pipeline 6 feet underground become common knowledge of everyone on the mainland???
Building complex tunnels and pipeline hot taps is quite a skill set that the cartels have developed.

Archie - 1-17-2019 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
There were taps in the San Miguel area north of Ensenada last year

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

And along the border around Tecate and Tj. It's been a common occurrence for years.

BajaTed - 1-17-2019 at 11:50 AM

This is one of those cultural paradoxes I just don't understand, cuz I never had to. Thanks for the reality check.

OK, found the pipeline by Jatay, I dug the hole, the pipe is red???? hold my beer :biggrin: