BajaNomad

How to Contact Rancho Piedra Blanca?

trailwerks - 1-18-2019 at 05:02 PM

What is the best way to contact Rancho Piedra Blanca? Due to our trip logistics, we need to know if they are open and can accommodate us before we leave Bahia de Los Angleles headed south. I tried contacting them via Messenger at their Facebook page but have received no reply. Also tried a phone number I found listed but no answer and no way to leave a message.

Guidance and insight?

Thanks!

David K - 1-18-2019 at 05:28 PM

Other than the Facebook method, who knows? It is way off grid and amazing they do Facebook there... https://www.facebook.com/rancho.piedrablanca

If they are closed or out of gas, I would have enough fuel to make it to Vizcaino, via Guillermo Prieto... about 45 miles.

[Edited on 1-19-2019 by David K]

[Edited on 1-19-2019 by David K]

trailwerks - 1-18-2019 at 08:21 PM

Thanks. Yes, gas is the reason why I have asked the question. And there are limits to what "extra" we can carry on the bikes. Gas/accommodation availability at Rancho Piedra Blanca will dictate what we can do between BoLA and Vizcaino (whether we can take in the cave at El Carmen and/or Mission Santa Gertrudis) or not. And we aren't camping this trip so we need to know when we leave BoLA. Stayed at PSF last time and would like to try something different this trip.

David K - 1-18-2019 at 09:26 PM

El Barril was selling gas.

trailwerks - 1-18-2019 at 10:08 PM

Thanks. Good to know. Recently and with regularity? How about Rancho Escondido?

Jinete Viejo - 1-18-2019 at 10:25 PM

I got their business card last March and it has the following phone numbers: (615) 157-0043 / 157-9944 / 155-8015 / 159-7839 and the email address ranchopiedrablanca@hotmail.com.

David K - 1-18-2019 at 11:33 PM

I was at Rancho Escondido twice in 2017 and it was closed both visits but Shari found it open since then. Gasoline is a few miles past it at El Barril.

trailwerks - 1-19-2019 at 10:44 AM

Any input from anyone else?

TMW - 1-19-2019 at 02:11 PM

San Francisquito sometimes has gas.

Do you have a departure date?

AKgringo - 1-19-2019 at 02:43 PM

I am still planning to drive that road in the near future. If the timing works out, I might be able to haul, or stash some fuel for you.

Edit; That would be southbound only, I don't plan on joining your expedition.

[Edited on 1-19-2019 by AKgringo]

BJammin65 - 1-20-2020 at 05:23 PM

Following this.... we have a group of 6 or 7 Motos traveling reverse route in March, would possibly like to stay at PB as well.

Mr. Bills - 1-20-2020 at 05:37 PM

I stayed at Rancho Piedra Blanca on Dec 27, 2019 with a group consisting of 4 4x4 vehicles. We didn't need gasoline, but if I recall correctly drum gas was available upon request. I don't know the price or how many liters they can spare on any given day.

I was able to correspond by Facebook messenger to make advance arrangements, however it was often several weeks between my message and the response.

My advice: Start communicating now and be definite in your dates of arrival/departure and the number of vehicles/people. Be patient.

P.S. - My review is a thumbs up for overlanders and dual sport bikers. Comfortable beds, hot showers, decent plumbing and good food.

Gasoline, yes

John M - 1-20-2020 at 09:08 PM

We stopped there for lunch in November - very cordial - I asked specifically about gasoline and they said yes they have gasoline available.

Burritos were good and the beer ice cold.

We didn't go past Rancho Escondido.

John M

shari - 1-22-2020 at 08:41 PM

if you contact Zihul Martinez...a guide in Guerrero Negro who takes people to the cave paintings near there, and does a wonderful Natural History tour of El Arco and has lunch at Piedra Blanca....he is in contact with them via radio. Look for Zihul Martinez on FAcebook or message me for his number.

BJammin65 - 1-23-2020 at 03:31 PM

Thank Mr Bills and Shari for the response... I just now see this post was started a year ago! I am going to try the FB Messenger and if i don't get a response I may hit you up shari for Zihul contact info. Ben

BJammin65 - 1-24-2020 at 11:39 AM

Just so others here know, I sent a message on FB Messenger and got a response in just a few hours. Plans are made, dates are set, hoping our overnight there goes as smooth as the contact/reserve process. :D