BajaNomad

Hertz Rental Car Loreto

lindsay - 3-16-2005 at 10:25 PM

I wanted to ask anyone who has recently rented with Hertz in Loreto for info on the insurance coverage areas. I was told that liability coverage is part of the weekly rate but additional coverage for total loss, collison, theft, etc runs $20 a day and whether or not you take the addtional coverage they put a 20% value of the car hold on your credit card.

So, if anyone who has rented recently can confirm the nitty-gritty on the insurance staff it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I can't lay my hands on the contract, but...

vgabndo - 3-16-2005 at 10:33 PM

I just rented a Platina there and took all the insurance coverages for $55.00 a day.
Nice guys, spoke English if you needed it.

lindsay - 3-16-2005 at 10:49 PM

Thanks for the quick reply and that insurance really ups the price!! I will probably call to check on the hold amounts for the credit card because the U.S. reservation person wasn't really clear on the details.

Thanks again and if any other nomads have tidbits to add that would be great too!!

Loreto car rentals

Phil S - 3-17-2005 at 06:37 AM

Have you tried Budget in Loreto yet? Nice to have two companies competing for your business for a change in Loreto.

lindsay - 3-17-2005 at 08:28 AM

I did talk to Budget as well but it looks like they are sold out for the week in April that I had in mind. I can check again though as sometimes cars become available.