BajaNomad

Heading to Agua Verde

AshCor - 4-13-2019 at 04:12 PM

Hi all. New to Baja Nomads and fairly new to baja ( been traveling for a bit over a month in Baja). I’m looking to check out Agua Verde. Driving a ford transit van, no 4x4. Sounds like getting down there shouldn’t be too much of an issue as long as we take it slow. I know I need to bring food/water. Any suggestions on spots to check out or the like—snorkeling, and or concerns. Many thanks in advance!

Mulege Canuck - 4-13-2019 at 04:17 PM

Stop at San Cosme at the bottom of the hill. They will cook you meals there and you can camp. Walk along the tidal road to the north to some nice beaches and a tidal Hotsprings. The Abuela there is Guadalupe. Very nice person and makes a great cup of coffee.

They have the cleanest Baño in baja there at the camping area.

AKgringo - 4-13-2019 at 04:49 PM

Beautiful drive, you shouldn't have any problems if you stay on the road. Some of the switchbacks will raise the pucker factor a bit though!

Depending on the time of day you reach the turn off from hwy 1, the restaurant at the top has always served me well.

As green as things have been this year, the no seeums might be a problem. They were bad for me when I spent a night on the beach near the village a couple of years ago in April, but your rig would not make it into that spot anyway!

BajaBlanca - 4-14-2019 at 08:11 AM

Welcome to bajanomad AshCor!

defrag4 - 4-14-2019 at 09:25 AM

got down there with a 2wd toyota motorhome last month, road is in pretty good shape compared to the past

theres a great taco shack out on the beach at south end of Agua Verde, its run by the fishing collectivo

air down your tires and take it slow, should be fine, enjoy!

there are a few nice little free spots out on the beach if you follow the tracks leading off the main road, but ill let you discover those on your own, they arent too hard to find :cool:

[Edited on 4-14-2019 by defrag4]

bajarich - 4-16-2019 at 10:14 PM

There are two beach restrauants now at AV, both run by women's groups for different churches. I know they serve more than tacos (the fish tacos are great), things like fish filets in ajo, ranchero, empanazada.

Also, there is now internet available at the store, and the selection there gets better every year.

Alejo at San Cosme runs mule trips for the cruise ships that come into AV , and does trips out of San Cosme. Also you can buy souvenirs and jewelry from his son Julio, and grandaughter Julia.