BajaNomad

Hooray for a hearing aid for our Nachito!

BajaBlanca - 5-10-2019 at 09:25 PM

So, Momma Laura finally got all the cash in and was ready to head to the hearing aid clinic in La Paz. Since we were headed here for our European trip, she and Nachito hopped along with us!

Thanks to each and every one of you that bought raffles, donated, sent encouragement for the past year. It was such an uphill battle to get the whole amount....life handed her challenges and it literally took one year to gather enough to buy the external hearing aid but WE DID IT!!

Nachito was besides himself with excitement and so was she. I don't know much about hearing aids but she wanted to get it and head back to Guerrero Negro that same day. I told her that he surely would need guidance as it must be overwhelming to have noises instead of silence in your head!!

So, she agreed to do the 1st therapy session and then go back for Mother's Day. She called me a while ago and she is home with family.

In the car early in San Ignacio where we met up:

laura-and-nachito-in-the-car.jpg - 114kB

The mountains were so beautiful!

cloudy-mtn.jpg - 106kB

We took Momma Laura and Nachito to the Del Borracho which they loved.

nachito-and-statue.jpg - 132kB

And here is Nachito yesterday morning at his very first therapy lesson using the hearing aid. He asked to remove it after a while. Just like I thought, the poor kid said there was too much noise!

Nachito with hearing aid.jpg - 61kB

Thanks each and every one of you. Nachito's mom was so determined to fight for her kid that I took her dream on as my own. So grateful that on this Mother's day, we simply created a miracle. It feels so good.

Just so you know, Nachito's wish is to become a singer and dancer. You never know!

Bajazly - 5-10-2019 at 10:10 PM

Nice, very cool!

DouglasP - 5-11-2019 at 07:37 AM

Good stuff, hoping he adapts to it.